Texas Hunting Forum

Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma?

Posted By: Booner1

Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma? - 09/23/15 01:29 AM

Thought I would throw this out there to see if there might be any interest in getting on a deer lease in S.W. Oklahoma. I have some pretty good contacts there and can probably get a place to hunt for next season(2016). The lease could be as small as 2 people and could possibly be as many as 6-8. By meeting the right people leases are still affordable in Oklahoma, the seasons are all chopped up but if you bow hunt like I do you can hunt for over a 100 days on a archery permit.

I am going to start looking pretty soon and might get someone to throw in the rest of the 2015 season if I lease for 2016. Oklahoma does allow the use of feeders but you gotta buy a license for everything if you hunt that season, Archery, M/L, general firearms, turkey, etc. I have just bought the archery for deer and it is good for all deer seasons, it was $280.00 last time I got one(year before last) but they have a pretty liberal bag limit of 2 bucks and 4 doe in the right counties.

Just let me know and I will post up as soon as I find something available.
Posted By: 300j

Re: Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma? - 09/23/15 02:11 AM

When you say S.W., approx. how far from the metromess are you thinking?
Posted By: Booner1

Re: Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma? - 09/23/15 02:37 AM

In the Eldorado area, takes me about 3 1/2 hrs to get there. Up 287 to Quanah and then north across there river. Jackson county Oklahoma. The place I hunted before had a crap load of deer on it but the L/O passed and the anti-hunting daughter inherited the property and made me take all of my stuff out.
Posted By: crash519

Re: Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma? - 09/23/15 01:14 PM

Hunted north of Hollis for many years. Nice deer population and size. Even better quail wink
Posted By: Jesse F.

Re: Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma? - 09/23/15 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Booner1
Thought I would throw this out there to see if there might be any interest in getting on a deer lease in S.W. Oklahoma. I have some pretty good contacts there and can probably get a place to hunt for next season(2016). The lease could be as small as 2 people and could possibly be as many as 6-8. By meeting the right people leases are still affordable in Oklahoma, the seasons are all chopped up but if you bow hunt like I do you can hunt for over a 100 days on a archery permit.

I am going to start looking pretty soon and might get someone to throw in the rest of the 2015 season if I lease for 2016. Oklahoma does allow the use of feeders but you gotta buy a license for everything if you hunt that season, Archery, M/L, general firearms, turkey, etc. I have just bought the archery for deer and it is good for all deer seasons, it was $280.00 last time I got one(year before last) but they have a pretty liberal bag limit of 2 bucks and 4 doe in the right counties.

Just let me know and I will post up as soon as I find something available.

pm sent
Posted By: huntin4fun

Re: Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma? - 09/25/15 09:28 PM

Pm sent
Posted By: Junebug

Re: Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma? - 09/28/15 01:30 AM

Pm sent
Posted By: spark213

Re: Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma? - 09/30/15 08:24 PM

I would be interested for the right price
Posted By: mow

Re: Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma? - 10/10/15 03:51 PM

Interested
Posted By: Prewitt

Re: Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma? - 10/11/15 12:39 AM

Interested too. Right price I'm in.
Posted By: nolanspawn

Re: Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma? - 10/16/15 05:13 PM

I am in Oklahoma, so interested.
Posted By: Wes70

Re: Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma? - 10/21/15 01:14 PM

Big deer in that area.
Posted By: shock_n_awe

Re: Any interest in hunting S.W. Oklahoma? - 10/22/15 01:49 AM

My grandparents lived in Sentinal, Ok. Lots of memories and wildlife in that area for sure.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum