Texas Hunting Forum

Need place to hunt Central zone around Hondo/SA

Posted By: dovesRdelicious

Need place to hunt Central zone around Hondo/SA - 09/02/15 11:51 AM

Hey hunters, I hope y'all had a good opening day. Only 3 for me around Greenville. I am headed to Hondo Texas around San Antonio for work and will want to hunt but I need a good place. Does anyone have a suggestion of a day hunt for 100 bucks or less?
Posted By: BaffinBoy

Re: Need place to hunt Central zone around Hondo/SA - 09/02/15 01:58 PM

Nooner Ranch or Paloma Pachanga .... They both have websites just google. Even a monkey could limit out at either

Re: Need place to hunt Central zone around Hondo/SA - 09/02/15 02:00 PM

Just an FYI... U should post this in the Guides section not the leases, you will get more replies. But the the two ranches I mentioned are rediculous, there's a lot of YouTube videos as well
Posted By: Fltmedic

Re: Need place to hunt Central zone around Hondo/SA - 09/02/15 06:17 PM

There are quite a few places up/down Hwy 90 selling dove hunts. I don't know of any personally but have seen many signs driving through the area.

Re: Need place to hunt Central zone around Hondo/SA - 09/02/15 07:18 PM

Paloma Pachanga has the big dove sign.. It is east of Hondo like 2 mile on the north side of hwy 90.... Nooner is right behind Mummies' grain tanks
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Need place to hunt Central zone around Hondo/SA - 09/03/15 12:48 AM

I hope Paloma Pachanga is as good as everyone says. I have an invite there Tuesday.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Need place to hunt Central zone around Hondo/SA - 09/03/15 01:21 AM

I've hunted Paloma 3 times. Twice it was awful.

Once I could have gotten a limit with a tennis racket
Posted By: bermise

Re: Need place to hunt Central zone around Hondo/SA - 09/04/15 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael W.
I hope Paloma Pachanga is as good as everyone says. I have an invite there Tuesday.

I'm gong next week too, let us know how your hunt goes please
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Need place to hunt Central zone around Hondo/SA - 09/08/15 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: bermise
Originally Posted By: Michael W.

I'm gong next week too, let us know how your hunt goes please

You might want to check with the Ranch before going. The company that invited us called today. The Ranch called them and informed them that they have very few doves. Most have cancelled until the birds start showing up. A friend called and said that one group of 7 or 8 had only 4 birds between. That could change in a day with a cool front coming.
Posted By: bermise

Re: Need place to hunt Central zone around Hondo/SA - 09/09/15 04:07 PM

Thanks for the heads up. They told me the same thing, good to know they are honest about it. It is rare for an outfitter/day hunt to turn down money during the peak of the season.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum