Texas Hunting Forum

What To Do

Posted By: BlackSnake

What To Do - 06/30/15 05:30 PM

We've been having a bit of trouble the last few years with hunters leaving their trailers, lease vehicles and blinds. I know now that I'm going to have to get something signed from now on that states that they will become property to our lease after a period of time, but what can be done in the mean time? I have pulled them away from camp, but don't want the land owners to see the pile of trucks and trailers. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to do a registered letter. Thank you for the advice

Re: What To Do - 06/30/15 07:51 PM

???
Posted By: Cast

Re: What To Do - 06/30/15 07:57 PM

The way I see it is that if they leave property behind, it is officially abandoned. Do with it as you see fit, no questions asked.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: What To Do - 06/30/15 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
The way I see it is that if they leave property behind, it is officially abandoned. Do with it as you see fit, no questions asked.

Agreed. A deer lease is not a storage facility. If lease is not gonna be re-newed, move your [censored] off. If it's left over after lease expires, its abandoned.
Posted By: Russ79

Re: What To Do - 06/30/15 08:05 PM

As far as what you have now, if you have contact info for all the owners then send a registered letter to each saying they have 30 days from the time the letter is sent to either pick up their stuff or contact you on what to do with it. From this point on I would put together a little document stating that they have 30 days from the time the give notice on leaving the lease to remove their private property, make arrangements on what to do with it, or it becomes the property of the lease to dispose of as they see fit. Make sure that just above where they are to sign it word it like this- "I have read and understand that....". This makes sure that they can't come back on you and say they didn't know what they were signing.
Posted By: RedHoss

Re: What To Do - 06/30/15 08:17 PM

I've been on leases where the owner just verbally told us that our stuff had to be gone by a certain time or we could not come back onto the property to get it. Anything left there after that date would be considered abandoned and would be his property.

Re: What To Do - 06/30/15 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: RedHoss
I've been on leases where the owner just verbally told us that our stuff had to be gone by a certain time or we could not come back onto the property to get it. Anything left there after that date would be considered abandoned and would be his property.

I can see where this will work on non titled trailers and trucks. But I think we are looking at a different set of rules when it comes to titled property
Posted By: Flock Knocker

Re: What To Do - 07/01/15 02:20 PM

Its the same as if someone moves out of a rent house and leaves personal belongings behind. Specifically state in the lease agreement that anything left on the premises after a specific amount of time it is considered abandoned property. You at that point can dispose of it or move it as you see fit.

When it comes to the titled property you will more than likely have to file a mechanics lien on the vehicles and charge the owner a storage fee. If the storage fee is not paid and property picked up after a set amount of time I believe you can file for a lost title and take possession of the titled property.
Posted By: dfk

Re: What To Do - 07/02/15 12:46 AM

I'd think that it is mostly junk and trash that gets left behind. Old stands that are in disrepair and not worth fixing. Trailers or mobile homes that have seen their better days. Every lease I've been on has had issues like this. Probably best to have a deposit up front to remove the trash. Then refund the deposit when they do.
Posted By: PMK

Re: What To Do - 07/02/15 11:26 PM

once you get it all settled out, post pictures here and there might be other hunters that have a need for them, even if just a dry place to sleep. They can make arrangements to come get them off the property and you won't have to be bothered with doing it yourself OR leaving a abandoned scrap dump on the LO property. Depending on location, I might even be interested in a smaller trailer that I could limp out to the place in Ozona for a little more room, nothing fancy needed. just a thought.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum