Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for lease Throckmorton County area

Posted By: jwiggins

Looking for lease Throckmorton County area - 06/23/15 08:11 PM

Looking for a lease in Throckmorton County area. We are loosing our lease from the last 17 years because the owners grandchildren have reached the ages where they want to start hunting the place. We had just under 700 acres and 6 guys on it. Our place was just south of Elbert and is owned by Susie Walraven. We had a great relationship with her and the rancher that ran cows on the place. The owner and many other people in the area such as ranchers and other landowners can provide excellent references for us. We are looking for a similar place to move our camp to. We like to hunt dove, deer, pigs, coyotes, and turkeys. We planted fields for the dove and nice food plots for the deer and turkeys. Managed the deer herd as well. Took some does each year and allowed our young kids to take a few cull bucks each year. Tried to let the good bucks reach 5-6 years of age before taking any of them. Ran several pig traps to help with the pig population. We also did some predator hunting as well to thin out the coyotes in the off season. We have a group of guys that work hard and respect the land. Several veterans and I am a former police officer as well as a veteran. We are all family men that want to share the outdoors with our families. We would like to find a place that's between 200 and 800 acres. We could do 2 to 6 guns depending on the size and layout of the place. Please let me know if you have a place available or have a lead on a place that might work for us. My email is jackywiggins@verizon.net and I can provide my phone number if you need it. Thank you for any and all help.

Re: Looking for lease Throckmorton County area - 06/27/15 03:47 AM

Still looking for any help.
Posted By: udamdan

Re: Looking for lease Throckmorton County area - 07/01/15 11:45 PM

How bout Woodson ?

Re: Looking for lease Throckmorton County area - 07/04/15 03:11 PM

You have something in Woodson?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum