Texas Hunting Forum

DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews

Posted By: STEW

DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/21/15 09:17 PM

Does anyone have any reviews on their DFW area Dove lease last season. The reason that I am asking is because I am trying to get me brother into Dove hunting. He has never been hunting, so I would like to get a Dove lease in the DFW area that I can take him where he will see a lot of Doves. Watching him miss will be worth me paying for the lease. LOL!!
Posted By: Flock Knocker

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/22/15 12:19 AM

Check out our website. We have several leases available with more coming available in the DFW area in the next couple of weeks. This is the first year we are offering dove leases, however if you check out our outfitter website and facebook you can see our reviews www.ThreeCurl.com . Last year our opening day dove hunt we harvested over 1200 birds. And all of our leases are in the same area as our opening day dove hunt.

As I don't know how we compare to other dove leases in DFW in regards to number of birds, but I can guaranty you on our lease you will have more property to yourself to hunt and less overcrowding than other DFW dove leases.

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/22/15 12:21 AM

We are going to have property tours starting May 30th, and through out the summer. You are more than welcome to come out and scout the fields prior to leasing.
Posted By: tjhook

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/22/15 05:54 AM

Stay away from drakes guide service or cory Anderson. One and the same. He has some leases up off blue mound road. Its a awsome lease if he managed it properly. 700 acres told us 70 hunters....haha 2k opening a.m. and another 1k or so in the evening. He had 500 season passes he gave out. Thousands of dove for 2 days then squat. Never seen like then 100 people there....
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/22/15 02:35 PM

The housing boom is making it very hard to hunt up here. A few place are just fields and they call it a dove lease
Posted By: KeithTT

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/22/15 02:59 PM

www.bandofbrothersotx.com We are working harder and harder at managing some great properties. We have properties on the north and west sides of DFW and we would be happy to take you out and show you around. Season passes and day hunts both available. Give me a call and let's set up a trip to go check out some of our places. (432)813-7833
Posted By: TakeMeLord

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/23/15 11:09 AM

I concur about Cory Anderson aka Drakes Guide Service. He outright lied to me. Tries to hide his identity, asked me to make check payable to his wife so "she could cash it."

liar.

scoundrel.
Posted By: Ftworthhntr

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/23/15 09:40 PM

Did the Drakes thing last year myself and it was a disaster, avoid at all cost
Posted By: yask65

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/26/15 03:25 PM

Cory Anderson is a liar and a thief ! talks to people like they are trash ! i hope his business goes down hill ! he got me a couple years ago but he wont again ! then he had the nerve to call the next year to ask if i was interested in a lease he has a set !!!!!!
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/26/15 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: tjhook
Stay away from drakes guide service or cory Anderson. One and the same. He has some leases up off blue mound road. Its a awsome lease if he managed it properly. 700 acres told us 70 hunters....haha 2k opening a.m. and another 1k or so in the evening. He had 500 season passes he gave out. Thousands of dove for 2 days then squat. Never seen like then 100 people there....

Originally Posted By: TakeMeLord
I concur about Cory Anderson aka Drakes Guide Service. He outright lied to me. Tries to hide his identity, asked me to make check payable to his wife so "she could cash it."

liar.

scoundrel.

Originally Posted By: Ftworthhntr
Did the Drakes thing last year myself and it was a disaster, avoid at all cost
Originally Posted By: yask65
Cory Anderson is a liar and a thief ! talks to people like they are trash ! i hope his business goes down hill ! he got me a couple years ago but he wont again ! then he had the nerve to call the next year to ask if i was interested in a lease he has a set !!!!!!

Pretty much sums up my experience. I gave him a shot a few seasons back - despite reading some bad to marginal reviews on here and other places.

I met his 'registration crew' at a Home Depot parking lot to get all the paperwork taken care of Opening Morning a few seasons back. The HD parking lot was FULL of 3/4 ton pickups and they were taking convoys of 30-40 trucks at a time to one field. I saw the writing on the wall and bailed. It was a joke. One of my co-workers went and didn't have anything positive to say either.

NOT WORTH IT!!!!!
Posted By: STEW

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/27/15 01:27 AM

Thanks guys. This is exactly the type of information I was looking for. I would like to get one close enough that I could go hunting when I get off.
Posted By: tjhook

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/27/15 02:09 AM

he is the main one for local hunting. which sucks because he has a\some awesome dove fields and duck locations. If he only kept his fields to 200 hunters instead of 1k.

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/27/15 05:22 PM

Give us a try, we keep our fields budgeted to 1 hunter per 10-15 acres. Only 25 miles south of DFW in Ellis County. We have a property tour this Saturday at 8am if you would like to come see some of the properties before you lease. Send me a PM if you would like me to send you the details.
Posted By: KeithTT

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/28/15 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: tjhook
he is the main one for local hunting. which sucks because he has a\some awesome dove fields and duck locations. If he only kept his fields to 200 hunters instead of 1k.

Not trying to start a big debate or anything and this is a serious question. What do ya'll consider local hunting? Right in town or within an hour or two of town. It's obviously difficult to please the guy in east Dallas even if you have an awesome place in Saginaw. So we would like to know your take on "local" so we can better assist in our constant search for land. Obviously we know you don't want to drive 5 hours to shoot dove but how far is too far?
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/28/15 01:59 AM

Local to me would be in the metroplex- close enough to get off work and make an evening hunt.
Tarrant, Dallas E Parker, N Johnson, N Ellis, S Denton counties
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/28/15 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: STEW
Does anyone have any reviews on their DFW area Dove lease last season. The reason that I am asking is because I am trying to get me brother into Dove hunting. He has never been hunting, so I would like to get a Dove lease in the DFW area that I can take him where he will see a lot of Doves. Watching him miss will be worth me paying for the lease. LOL!!

Do your homework and beware of fake wanna be guides
Posted By: TakeMeLord

Re: DFW Area Dove Lease Reviews - 05/29/15 02:26 AM

Not surprised that so many people had the same experience I had with Cory Anderson of Drakes Guide Service at 682-552-0001.

He openly lied to me.

I have a low opinion of him.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum