Texas Hunting Forum

HUNTERS WANTED - Annual Lease Between Woodson/(Throckmorton Co) & Murray(Young Co)

Posted By: TJJ

HUNTERS WANTED - Annual Lease Between Woodson/(Throckmorton Co) & Murray(Young Co) - 04/03/15 08:29 PM

IMMEDIATE opening for one or two hunters to join 3 on 1,600 contiguous acres of pasture, surrounded by large cultivated fields. Electricity, 750sf cabin & kitchen trailer.
Annual lease with 4 hunters cost of $4,500 ea. or $3,600 ea. if 5. Pls. email me @ tjjbigd@gmail.com if seriously interested. Thank you. TJ
Posted By: craphael

Re: HUNTERS WANTED - Annual Lease Between Woodson/(Throckmorton Co) & Murray(Young Co) - 04/06/15 04:15 PM

what is the topography, what kind of water, what kind of game out there & what are the limits for each?
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: HUNTERS WANTED - Annual Lease Between Woodson/(Throckmorton Co) & Murray(Young Co) - 04/06/15 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: TJJ
1,600 contiguous acres of pasture, surrounded by large cultivated fields.

Does this mean there is no cover?
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: HUNTERS WANTED - Annual Lease Between Woodson/(Throckmorton Co) & Murray(Young Co) - 04/06/15 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Homer Jay

Homer, I've taken a look at the topography and it has what looks to be sufficient cover, combination of bull mesquites and some hardwoods, oaks from what I could tell and know of the area. My small place is about 4-5 miles from this property. I believe it also has 3-4 tanks if memory serves me. The area definitely has genetics to produce 140" deer with an occasional larger but as typical with a lot of counties within a 2 -2.5 hr. range of metroplex, the deer in that area are wyly and can go quite nocturnal at times. If I didn't own my own place, it would definitely be an area I would consider.
Posted By: TJJ

Re: HUNTERS WANTED - Annual Lease Between Woodson/(Throckmorton Co) & Murray(Young Co) - 04/06/15 09:03 PM

Rolling terrain with ~ 7 stock tanks, plenty of mesquite & some hardwood cover.

Re: HUNTERS WANTED - Annual Lease Between Woodson/(Throckmorton Co) & Murray(Young Co) - 04/07/15 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: DQ Kid
Originally Posted By: Homer Jay

Homer, I've taken a look at the topography and it has what looks to be sufficient cover, combination of bull mesquites and some hardwoods, oaks from what I could tell and know of the area. My small place is about 4-5 miles from this property. I believe it also has 3-4 tanks if memory serves me. The area definitely has genetics to produce 140" deer with an occasional larger but as typical with a lot of counties within a 2 -2.5 hr. range of metroplex, the deer in that area are wyly and can go quite nocturnal at times. If I didn't own my own place, it would definitely be an area I would consider.

Great info. Thank you, sir. Do you have GPS coordinates?
Posted By: fowlslayer11

Re: HUNTERS WANTED - Annual Lease Between Woodson/(Throckmorton Co) & Murray(Young Co) - 04/13/15 12:57 AM

Any big bodies of water and/or vegetation pods that waterfowl get into? Any bodies of water that are surrounded by oaks?

Re: HUNTERS WANTED - Annual Lease Between Woodson/(Throckmorton Co) & Murray(Young Co) - 04/13/15 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: fowlslayer11
Any big bodies of water and/or vegetation pods that waterfowl get into? Any bodies of water that are surrounded by oaks?

From what I saw there are several stock tanks (normal size) but that pic was from 2013. There are some oaks but none associated with the kind of water you're asking about.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum