Texas Hunting Forum

8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left

Posted By: JBJTX81

8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left - 03/19/15 02:04 AM

I recently secured a lease. I am the manager. 4 lease members are currently needed for this 8160 acres in NW Kent Co. We will have 12 total hunters at a base rate of $2750 hunter. That is 680 acres/hunter. There will be additional expenses for helicopter survey and for electricity. Expect the final, all-in price to settle around $2975/gun. We have secured a 3 year lease. Any price increase over the next 3 years would be based solely on the group deciding to reduce the number of hunters based on our management plan (not likely but possible). I've already spoken to the local biologist. We are requesting MLD 2. This will be in place for the 2016 season. We must get the survey and harvest data to him before he can issue permits.
The owner is a cattle rancher. However, they only run about 80 head of cattle on the entire property. There are no other livestock on the property. There is very little rancher traffic on the ranch and members will have unfettered access to the property 365 days a year. There is a campsite with water, electricity, and septic available. There is no cabin or camp house. I do have permission from the LO to remedy this problem. If you want to leave your travel trailer there year round and not tow it, you can build a roofed structure to protect it from the elements. We have also been given permission to put modular or mobile homes on the property.
Some additional details about the property include 3 lakes ranging in size from 5-25 acres, 11 stock tanks, 4 wells, and about 3 miles of river front (only wet/running after good precipitation). There are also 5 fenced areas for food plots (we must plant) ranging in size from 2-4 acres.
We have all hunting rights for the property. This includes whitetail deer, pigs, predators, varmints, and all legal species of upland and migratory birds. The landowner says mule deer and aoudad are occasionally seen on the property however there should be no expectation about consistently harvesting these 2 species. They are available for harvest but rare.

Email me at justinjohnson21@hotmail.com if you are interested. Please no tire kickers. I will send additional information including pictures of the deer and the property. I will also send you a copy of the rules for the ranch and we can schedule a date for you to view the property.
Posted By: Wes70

Re: 8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left - 03/19/15 02:29 AM

Ttt
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: 8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left - 03/22/15 04:01 PM

Great lease. I used to hunt it.

Re: 8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left - 03/23/15 01:29 AM

Update...

The group getting off is willing to see their trailers blinds stands feed pens. etc. the prices are very reasonable. I'm showing the property on the 18th. If you are interested in seeing the place please shoot me an email. It is a pretty awesome piece of property. I saw 13 deer and 4 covey of quail driving it for just a few hours this weekend.
Posted By: BDL_11

Re: 8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left - 03/24/15 07:07 PM

Email sent

Re: 8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left - 03/27/15 04:08 AM

TTT. Have had lots of interest. At this point I have 6 coming out on the 18th to view the property. Email me/call me if you would like to come see the property.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: 8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left - 03/27/15 10:57 AM

Great deal guys. If we didn't own our own place I'd be all over this. Some heavy horned deer have been taken off this place. When we hunted there in the 90s, I didn't see 13 deer ALL SEASON. Population has really gotten good.
Posted By: mbavo

Re: 8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left - 03/28/15 12:11 AM

I love hunting Kent County. I hunted there in early 90's also. We hunted just north of Clairmont on the Salt Fork of the Brazos.You didn't see many deer then, but when you did there was a high chance it would be a big shooter. Bird hunting was great also, dove and quail. I sure miss those days.

Re: 8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left - 03/28/15 03:06 AM

Probably the same place. Its B Dillard's place Panther Canyon.

Re: 8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left - 04/07/15 04:29 AM

TTT had 1 hunter back out. IF you want to come view the property on the 18th please email me.

Re: 8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left - 04/11/15 09:46 PM

TTT.

I just sent emails to all those that have expressed interest over the last month or so. I'm trying to update my list. I will be showing the property next Saturday at noon. If you to come see the place please let me know. I will send you directions. For those already committed to coming out, I look forward to meeting you!

Re: 8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left - 04/17/15 06:51 PM

TTT

Headed out there tomorrow of you want to view it. Just shoot me an email.

Re: 8200 Acres Lease Kent Co - A few spots left - 04/21/15 02:13 AM

I had some hunters in the original group back out. I filled the four spots I was expecting to fill but 2 in the initial group backed out. 1 is having a baby and the other found a place to hunt for free in Del Rio (must be nice)! So I still have 2 spots left. I am showing again on the May 16-17. If you want to see the whole place plan on 6 hrs cruising the lease. There is still about 1000 acres of the property I haven't been able to explore due to weather and time constraints. Email me if you are interested. Some nice bucks have been taken of this and the neighboring property.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum