Texas Hunting Forum

Hope this doesn't start a war

Posted By: cliffie

Hope this doesn't start a war - 03/08/15 04:57 AM

Anyone had any contact with the "Hunting Sports Plus" hunt club outfit for hunting in MO and KS? Tried a search and didn't come up with anything here. May want to hunt in MO and they seem to have lands available for their members.
Posted By: thewrap

Re: Hope this doesn't start a war - 03/08/15 05:18 AM

Are you trying to find a lease in MO or KS?
Posted By: Booner1

Re: Hope this doesn't start a war - 03/08/15 11:59 AM

Missouri has a lot of public land to hunt without having to pay a lease fee to someone.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Hope this doesn't start a war - 03/08/15 02:19 PM

KS also has a lot of Public and WIHA land to hunt. You just need to draw a permit as a non-res or buy an over the counter if they have any left over after the draw.
Posted By: cliffie

Re: Hope this doesn't start a war - 03/09/15 05:13 AM

I've hunted private land in MO years ago and enjoyed it. I've also hunted public land in other states and had to fight off hoards of other hunters. MO has OTC tags and as I'm only looking to fill the freezer does work fine for me. I am trying to find private land to hunt in MO just for the peace and quiet of it all. Looks like I might find lots of places with HSP for about a $1000
or so/yr but I know nothing about them.
I like to hunt on my own. I like tree stands but I might be getting too old for them and I like to figure out deer travel patterns for my setup.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum