Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for a lease in Mexico

Posted By: TxHillCntry21

Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/01/15 02:15 AM

Hey guys, have posted about trying to obtain a lease in Mexico before but I finally found the right group of guys wanting to join a lease. I hunted in Acuna for 3 years and unfortunately left. Some of the best hunting I've ever been a part of.

Looking for anyone with information of a lease available or outfitter who can put me in contact with the right guy.
Thanks for the help
Posted By: tlk

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/01/15 11:17 PM

go to wwwleasehuntercom - click on search window and type in mexico and click search leases. If you see something you like you have to join the site for nominal fee to get the contact info
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/02/15 02:22 AM

Thanks, but no thanks...I'll pass on that...dangerous enough on this side of the boarder...can't imagine crossing it right now for any reason much less just to hunt.

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/02/15 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Thanks, but no thanks...I'll pass on that...dangerous enough on this side of the boarder...can't imagine crossing it right now for any reason much less just to hunt.

so name some specific situations where US hunters have been hurt, killed or detained??? I do not say Mexico is 100% safe but you can run into just as much problem in US as Mexico - give me some examples of Mexico hunters being harmed? Not just one instance but multiple? Thousands of hunters still go into Mexico each year with no issues
Posted By: centxhunter

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/02/15 04:47 PM

Call Juan Garza at 011 52 1 878 788 0310.
He is a outfitter in Piedras Negras across from Eagle Pass.
He speaks fluent English and has been in business for about 20 years.
I know him personally and would highly recommend him.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/02/15 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: tlk

so name some specific situations where US hunters have been hurt, killed or detained??? I do not say Mexico is 100% safe but you can run into just as much problem in US as Mexico - give me some examples of Mexico hunters being harmed? Not just one instance but multiple? Thousands of hunters still go into Mexico each year with no issues

One of the Mueller's from the steel business based out of Ballinger, Texas was kidnapped, but eventually escaped and made his way back to the U. S. and from what I understand, he was hunting on a ranch in Mexico at the time.
Posted By: HWY72

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/02/15 05:42 PM

Here you go:

American hunters in Mexico
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/02/15 06:04 PM

He made it home alive. Nothing to worry about...

http://www.chron.com/news/nation-world/a...ico-1851835.php
Posted By: HWY72

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/02/15 06:18 PM

This one didn't...........but hey, the odds are still good you'll make it back if you're willing to take the risk to go across!

http://archive.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/20100510dead-american-found-in-mexico.html
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/02/15 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: HWY72
This one didn't...........but hey, the odds are still good you'll make it back if you're willing to take the risk to go across!

http://archive.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/20100510dead-american-found-in-mexico.html

Odds are to be used when making decisions in a baseball game, not when you are dealing with life and death.

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/02/15 11:46 PM

thanks for the information I'll try and contact him soon

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/02/15 11:48 PM

I really believe that guys choosing to hunt in Mexico are not taking great risks. After hunting there myself for a few years I never felt in danger or uneasy about any situation I was in. Like anywhere else... if you look for trouble you'll find it

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/03/15 12:06 AM

Here you go:

That was ten years ago - I remember that one well. Not saying it has never happened - but realistically the chances of being in south texas and having someone from Mexico come into your camp is the same as if you are in a hunting camp in Mexico. This reminds me of Ebola, world coming to an end when the year 2000 came, etc. If American hunters were being kidnapped and killed in Mexico those hunters families would be all over the news - it is a hassle to go across the border to hunt but once there I don't believe hunters are being harmed on a regular basis
American hunters in Mexico

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/03/15 12:08 AM

5 years ago and not a hunter - come on folks - you are in more danger in Houston Texas than hunting in Mexico

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/03/15 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Txduckman
He made it home alive. Nothing to worry about...

http://www.chron.com/news/nation-world/a...ico-1851835.php

10 years ago - give me some recent news reports of hunters in Mexico being kidnapped or killed - I am all ears

By the way - I hunt South Texas not Mexico but I have hunted there before with no issues - I hunt south texas because I got lucky to have a lease that is incredible - I am just tired of the media scaring the crap out of people when the facts say differently
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/03/15 01:12 AM

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/...-in-1749960.php
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/03/15 01:14 AM

The difference with mexico and usa: is that when you are in trouble, who you gonna call? The corrupted cops?

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/03/15 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: beaversnipe

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/...-in-1749960.php

Ok you are getting closer to todays world - this was six years ago - again are you safer in Houston or hunting a ranch in Mexico? Sorry but I think this whole thing is overblown by the press - you can travel to any country on earth and have issues. I just don't see this as widespread - again if it were there would be constant news reports about hunters not returning from Mexico
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Looking for a lease in Mexico - 03/03/15 04:34 AM

Our cousin went to one of those fishing lodges down there. Their bus between the lodge and boat launch was stopped by armed men. They walked down the aisle taking whatever money they had on them and let them on their way. He had his money in a pouch under his shirt so he gave them a hundred but kept the majority. Sounds like a blast. That was their last trip to Mexico.

Last time we went to Mexico, the police stopped us but luckily let us go without a bribe or anything. Have no idea what we did.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum