Texas Hunting Forum

Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood

Posted By: fowlslayer11

Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 01/26/15 03:46 AM

Looking to lease a big field and/or pond for next season. I have a place in Columbus so I am looking for a place within an hour or two from that area, but mainly IN this area because of the great concentration as yall know well.

If you know any farmers or landowners looking to lease, send them my way!
Posted By: TexasLandAgent

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 01/28/15 10:00 PM

Following
Posted By: Gill_97

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 01/29/15 12:38 AM

good luck. all the hunting clubs took over in that area.

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 01/30/15 04:02 AM

I know most of the hunting club guys, especially down at the GHC. We'll see..

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 02/14/15 12:51 AM

Bump to see if anything's popped up..
Posted By: MS1454

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 02/19/15 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Gill_97
good luck. all the hunting clubs took over in that area.

Most maybe but not all. Bump as I am interested as well
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 02/22/15 12:11 AM

Almost everything is taken in texas.

Texas experiences the biggest influx of hunters with deep pockets ever seen before.

The places that are left over are either 'to good to be true', 'fishy' or very expensive.

Example for ducklease:
I have seen 2 acre ponds go for $4800 to $6000
I heard they shot 50 duck there last year.
Those are very expensive ducks...
One day farmers will realise that $40-50 per hunter per day wont cut it no more.

Good luck to you.
Its time to buy your own place.

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/04/15 02:57 PM

5% of Texas is public, lol. It's insane down here, but we get what we find. Scouting wins in Texas I believe.

I'm willing to pay amounts like that though for pristine ponds in the ducky areas, if it's right.. It's worth it down here.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/04/15 04:45 PM

I probably need to put in a nice, big pond. Have tons of wood ducks in my area and I'm right in the flyway for ducks and geese, not too far from Columbus (Bellville).
Posted By: mike230765

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/05/15 08:24 PM

Yes you should! I am in College Station and looking for a place.

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/06/15 02:09 PM

Cameron00, continue thinking right and add that nice, big, juicy pond for me to pay you for. cheers

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/10/15 02:56 AM

Bump. Still on the heavy prowl.

Willing to pay top dollar for good property in the area. No BS.
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/10/15 11:14 PM

You might want to talk to Matt mauger with coastal prarie outfutters i believe the lease some of their properties.

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/11/15 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: sparrish8
You might want to talk to Matt mauger with coastal prarie outfutters i believe the lease some of their properties.

Actually have hunted with them multiple times...never even thought of that. Wow.

That's what I'll do. They get good land as well.
Posted By: trash2

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/11/15 03:52 AM

Leases are great but a limit of birds is nearly a cake walk for public in your area. go find them!

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/11/15 04:50 AM

There is no public land in my area that's worth hunting unless you make the drive down to the coast, which I do A LOT.

If there was something public up here by all the rice farmers, it wouldn't even hold any ducks there'd be so many people waylaying like wild men at birds.

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/11/15 02:49 PM

Referring to the distances you're willing to drive. Just saying plenty in that range but understood. good luck

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/11/15 03:12 PM

I currently live near Waco. I am looking for anything with pristine waterfowl habitat and vegetation, in or around this area.

I have the money to pay and am wiling to drive.

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/11/15 04:34 PM

Pm sent
Posted By: PMK

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/11/15 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: fowlslayer11
I currently live near Waco. I am looking for anything with pristine waterfowl habitat and vegetation, in or around this area.

hmmm, you live near Waco ... you got me confused now. Are you looking for around Waco or still looking down around Columbus???

If still looking down around Columbus, I'll check with my son in law as he was on a lease for a few years with a buddy of his in the Eagle Lake/Garwood area. He should have contact information of some people there.

Re: Waterfowl Lease in Columbus/Garwood - 03/12/15 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: PMK
Originally Posted By: fowlslayer11

hmmm, you live near Waco ... you got me confused now. Are you looking for around Waco or still looking down around Columbus???

If still looking down around Columbus, I'll check with my son in law as he was on a lease for a few years with a buddy of his in the Eagle Lake/Garwood area. He should have contact information of some people there.

I live in Waco technically, and am a student at Baylor University. My grandparents have property in Columbus near the city, and I'm there a lot. I got the opportunity to hunt Garwood a few times last year and it was always good.

I'd love to get on a good lease out there and will pay for what I get, in a fair manner. PM me if you wanna talk further info.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum