Texas Hunting Forum

How'd you find your lease?

Posted By: mathewsdxt18

How'd you find your lease? - 10/16/14 12:32 AM

Seen a lot of bs Craigslist posts and pasture hunts.

Was lookin like crazy this year without much luck. Seems like huntings beginning to cost more and more every year... But the 2015 season I'm startin early and gonna make sure I got my penny's saved up.
Anybody got a lease for the 2015 season? I'm Located west of ft worth. Would like to stay around 3 hr drive. I
So how'd y'all find your lease?
Posted By: Russ79

Re: How'd you find your lease? - 10/16/14 01:45 PM

Since I live in east Texas, and am not scared to hunt east Texas, I somehow found out about Crown Pine Timber's website and now have three east Texas timber company leases. It helps that the closest is less than a mile from my house and the farthest is seven miles so I can keep a close watch on them.
Posted By: vrepola

Re: How'd you find your lease? - 10/16/14 09:35 PM

Truthfully I find a lot of mine door knocking and have bought a lot of cups of coffee for ranchers at the stores so I could talk to them.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: How'd you find your lease? - 10/16/14 11:51 PM

I was able to grab an open spot on my brothers lease.
Who got an open spot that a business friend told him about.
For our lease it came down to who you know.
Posted By: Draymun

Re: How'd you find your lease? - 10/20/14 01:21 AM

Just asking folks in the industry I work in. Previous lease was through one of my co-worker, whose father was a cattle rancher and owned 50k acres between Houston and Dallas.

Current lease was through one of the Engineers on my team. Walked by his desk one day and saw a bunch of pics on his screensaver. Started talking about where he hunted and it went from there...

btw... a little begging and pleading never hurts!! :-)
Posted By: MarkE

Re: How'd you find your lease? - 10/20/14 01:50 PM

Get to know the right folks and ask them when the time is right. Your best deals and often the best places are the one's not being marketed. You would be surprised how many places don't get hunted and are just waiting for the right trustworthy person to come along.
I got one good varmint/dove lease by knocking on doors (many more from friends and acquaintances), one deer lease on this site (shouldn't have let that one go), and a long term lease by simply asking a friend if he knew of anyone with land to lease.

NOTE: ALWAYS treat the landowner and their land with the utmost respect and care. It can be the difference between short and long term leases......
Posted By: passthru

Re: How'd you find your lease? - 10/21/14 02:24 PM

Right here on the forum. Both of them.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: How'd you find your lease? - 10/23/14 10:17 AM

I took a doe to a processor and got to talking to him about finding another lease after the season was over and he said they had openings on his lease and been happy ever since!!!
Posted By: rattler03

Re: How'd you find your lease? - 10/26/14 03:12 AM

I found my new lease for this year on leasehunter.com
Posted By: Shadeabby

Re: How'd you find your lease? - 10/31/14 12:37 AM

freind of a friend.... just gotta open your mouth and ask as many people as you can...get the word out...
Posted By: Fltmedic

Re: How'd you find your lease? - 10/31/14 02:37 AM

First lease I was on came from an ad on the forum. Second lease which we are losing after this season came from a Craigslist ad I placed. Third lease I'm attempting to get from the forum, we will see what happens. I'm gonna try word of mouth and the local joints around the places I want to hunt as well as the current ranch owner of the lease we are losing. Who knows he may know someone who has something to lease, wish us luck.
Posted By: Scott Corley

Re: How'd you find your lease? - 11/13/14 04:14 PM

I've seen where a lot of farmers are looking for people to get rid of hogs on their land if you're intersted in hog hunting. I usually find a farmer with lots of land and knock on the door and just ask.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: How'd you find your lease? - 11/14/14 03:30 AM

Two leases this year. One I got through a friend and the other through this forum.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum