Texas Hunting Forum

Family selling so Looking for lease around Abilene/Big Country area

Posted By: AdThomps

Family selling so Looking for lease around Abilene/Big Country area - 10/11/14 04:11 AM

Well my in-laws are separating so we are going to be losing our family ranch due to them having to sell it so I am stuck looking for place to lease now.... My 4 year old is a die hard hunting enthusiast and is devastated we are not going to be able to hunt anymore so I'm trying to find a reasonable place to lease to be able to take him out hunting. Looking at something within 2 hours or so from Abilene. Thanks for the help!

Re: Family selling so Looking for lease around Abilene/Big Country area - 10/12/14 10:19 PM

Have some friends and family that could possibly fill a large lease also
Posted By: Sam in the Hills

Re: Family selling so Looking for lease around Abilene/Big Country area - 10/13/14 04:25 PM

Good luck! We are in this area and it is hard to find a lease here this late- If I hear of anything I will let you know. Our place is full- but check the thrifty nickel- some of the old timers still use that to get the word out if they have space- or go to the Dixie Pig and get in with the morning coffee crowd and ask around.
Posted By: DENTPUSHA

Re: Family selling so Looking for lease around Abilene/Big Country area - 10/13/14 09:26 PM

I think we may have some spots on our lease up near Guthrie in king county. It's 3500$ a gun and I think he charges for kids also. Pm me if you would like more info. Last I heard there was 3 spots open as of last week. It's a big place but we don't have many hunters on it. 4wd is a must.

Re: Family selling so Looking for lease around Abilene/Big Country area - 10/14/14 03:03 AM

Thanks for the info. I know its last minute but we weren't expecting to be in the market for a place to hunt since we had our own ranch. Unfortunately that's the way it's worked out given the circumstances. Any leads would be appreciated.
Posted By: AZBear

Re: Family selling so Looking for lease around Abilene/Big Country area - 10/15/14 05:47 PM

What kind of ranch are they selling? Where?

Re: Family selling so Looking for lease around Abilene/Big Country area - 10/16/14 01:27 PM

Got a couple leads but still looking. If you see anything please let me know. Thank you!

Re: Family selling so Looking for lease around Abilene/Big Country area - 10/19/14 06:06 PM

Still looking for a place

Re: Family selling so Looking for lease around Abilene/Big Country area - 01/26/15 02:20 AM

Well no luck yet still looking for a place within 100 miles of Abilene. Willing to pay a finders fee for a lead thst turns into a lease. Good luck to everyone!
Posted By: pak

Re: Family selling so Looking for lease around Abilene/Big Country area - 02/26/15 01:56 AM

call paul 214 543 2281
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum