Texas Hunting Forum

*** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches***

Posted By: TheOriginalCaptMac

*** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 01/31/14 03:23 AM

Want to relay an possible Fraud situation...

Syed "Sid" Bilal had several properties listed on LeaseHunter.Com around the outskirts of Dallas, Sulfur Springs, and Navarro County My wife and I called and set a time to meet with him to discuss leasing a 470 acre tract outside of Corsicana near Dawson. The listing was for six spots and I had a group of friends/family that were interested in taking all six spots but they relied on me to put the deal together. Syed was nice enough and sent me pics over the phone but would never send legal descriptions of the land or an address that could be used to look up the land in the county appraisers office. I asked several times on the phone and via text and email for him to please send some sort of documentation, Lease Agreement, Deed, Plot, Legal description anything that I could share with my group and show exactly what the lease consisted of and that Syed had the right to lease the property. Finally he stated that he would SHOW me the documents when I came to visit the land and sign but he would not give me a copy prior.He also requested that I bring cash only..

My wife and I drove up to Corsican Tuesday through the ice, snow and sleet to see the property which was a great piece of land and was everything we were looking for. We decided we would do the deal and asked once again for the lease and legal docs... nothing. Syed would not give us ANY documentation. When I got home, I was still excited about the property but very concerned that the deal was obviously shady. I spent six hours scouring the internet for County records, Tax rolls, appraisal docs, ANYTHING that might tie Mr. Bilal to this land and I found nothing. The next day I told Syed that we were in just as soon as he produced legal documentation and a binding lease agreement. He got offended that I would ask for these things and said if we didn't want the land then he would just lease it to someone else.

Short Story Long, I am still looking for a hunting lease for my family.

On a side note, Bart at LeaseHunter.com has been informed of the situation and he has removed all of Mr. Bilal's postings from the site. He is also seeking legal action against Mr. Bilal.

Good hunting,

Capt. Mac
Posted By: txshntr

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 01/31/14 06:13 AM

Thanks for sharing and nicely done not just giving in on the deal. Good luck with your search up

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 01/31/14 02:42 PM

Thank you.

If anyone knows of a good family oriented lease within 5 hours of Houston I would be very appreciative.Our budget is up to 4k if there is lodging on property. We are not trophy deer hunter so much as we want a good variety of game but we do practice and support management programs and would particpate in such if there was a program in place. Hogs,dove,ducks,turkey,small game would all be a nice bonus obviously. Ponds or tanks for fishing would also be a nice bonus.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 01/31/14 03:29 PM

Thank you for posting!!! Nicely handled!!!
Posted By: txhunter08

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 01/31/14 05:48 PM

I believe there was a craigslist ad last year warning people to not deal with him.
Posted By: Cast

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 01/31/14 06:15 PM

Now that you know where it is, you could pull some data but it would take some doing. I work at a title company with guys that do that stuff.
Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 01/31/14 06:23 PM

I am thinking
I could easily go to band camp on this one.

or Quiki Mart...
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 01/31/14 11:08 PM

Thanks for posting this. I talked to him during Duck Season and just the other day about deer property and were supposed to go look at one on Sunday. He's also always advertising on Craigslist, still...

You just taught me a great lesson.

Charlie

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/01/14 07:38 PM

Hello Cast,
I tried for HOURS to find info on this property I can give you GPS coordinates but no legal description or address as Syed refused to give this out. What would your friends need in order to get more information on property?

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/01/14 07:40 PM

Hello Cast,
I tried for HOURS to find info on this property I can give you GPS coordinates but no legal description or address as Syed refused to give this out. What would your friends need in order to get more information on property?

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/01/14 07:46 PM

I just received an email form him stating: "You have posted false and untrue and misleading posting on Texas Hunting Forum, which has caused a great harm to me financially and emotionally." He has demanded that I remove this post or that I would be hearing from his attorney.

I CANT WAIT!!!! clap

What section of Craigslist does he post in as it might be a good idea to post this there as well or at least flag his postings? I would hate for someone else to get scammed.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/01/14 08:33 PM

just go to the county's central appraisal district website and look up the address, if you dont know the exact address you can put in the road number and try to narrow it down.

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/01/14 08:33 PM

I'll check with the guys at work and see what they will need to get the info.

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/01/14 08:36 PM

if it is one 470 acre tract it shouldnt be hard to find

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/01/14 08:47 PM

I Have tried that JS, without a street number, address, lot# or leagal description it is actually VERY hard to find frown

The Navarro County website leaves a little to be desired. The map feature does not work otherwise it would be simple.

Mac
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/01/14 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: TheOriginalCaptMac
I just received an email form him stating: "You have posted false and untrue and misleading posting on Texas Hunting Forum, which has caused a great harm to me financially and emotionally." He has demanded that I remove this post or that I would be hearing from his attorney.

I CANT WAIT!!!! clap

What section of Craigslist does he post in as it might be a good idea to post this there as well or at least flag his postings? I would hate for someone else to get scammed.

SO instead of coming here and defending himself, he threatens to sue you. What a DB.
Posted By: denton

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/01/14 10:20 PM

I googled him. He has several listings.

I don't lease but I cannot imagine signing a lease agreement without receiving something in writing confirming 1. The broker is authorized to lease the property 2. Plot description 3. Lease agreement terms
Posted By: KeithTT

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/02/14 03:06 AM

We went thru him for done duck ponds and thought we got a deal four the pins that he OWNED. well after giving him 5k for the duck ponds the boss man ran into the real landowner and has since done business directly. Sid is a knock of ranch hand who us leading these farmers places out. Thankfully it looks like we will make our money back but Sid still cashed in for 5k and I'm sure it is spent and won't be returned. WARNING HE HAS NO RIGHTS TO ANY OF THESE PLACES HE WILL FEED YOU BS ABOUT BEING RICH AND BEING AN INVESTOR COMPUTER MILLIONAIRE AND OTHER BS BUT HE IS REALLY A RANCHHAND WITH A CROOKED SIDE.
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/02/14 03:58 PM

Wow, I wonder where he got his ranch hand experience from?

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/03/14 05:06 AM

ttt

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/04/14 05:48 AM

Ttt
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/04/14 01:43 PM

Wow. Good job being sound minded despite being excited about the property

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/06/14 06:09 AM

Ttt
Posted By: wtr

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/06/14 08:53 PM

He told us he owned a Harley Davidson shop. Said we would see 12 bucks a hunt in navarro county. BS on that

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/07/14 05:24 PM

Hey Capt, I just had a conversation with my senior abstractor and he said it would be very difficult to find LO from a Google map unless we have a starting point somewhere. He suggests that instead, you go to that county's appraisal district web site and search for the guy's name in the county database to see if he actually owns land in that county. If you get a hit, you can check that address and see if it is that land, if not, you need to find a map of the county and mark the property on the map, then find a few other properties near it that you can identify with an address and mark on the map. With that physical data, it can be searched in the right direction to see who owns the adjacent parcels in that direction. Kinda a Magnum P.I. thing, but it can be done.
Posted By: texas python

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/07/14 07:53 PM

With out a signed lease agreement and documentation showing you leased the hunting rights from the land owner or the land owners agent you could get in a lot of trouble if the game warden decided to pay you a visit. Hunting without landowners permission is a FELONY in Texas
You were right to not lease this place.
You also have the right to tell the WHOLE PLANET about your experience with said person as long as it is the truth.
Posted By: TAFFMASTER

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/08/14 02:42 AM

Funny that he contacted you Capt. I was following him to his supposed ranch in Navarro Country when I read your post on THF. I whipped my truck around and headed back without telling him and simply sent him this link... He asked me to bring cash to our meeting, all I brought was 9mm. He was 2 hours late and is by no means legit.
Posted By: ttechcolleyville

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/09/14 05:45 PM

Thank you for posting this. I spoke to him last year about a couple of properties and ended up not following through. Something just didn't seem right in the lack of details on anything and when he said he was the landowner. I did a bunch of searches on him and I think I found where he had some land, but not that much. At least now when someone searches, they will hopefully find this thread.
Posted By: FLParish

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/11/14 04:44 AM

I think I would have a hard time even thinking about leasing from some guy who didn't seem to be born and raised here. No offense meant to anyone in particular, but with this guy's name.....

Thanks for the heads up on him.

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/11/14 04:52 PM

He spelled it "Sid" in the ad I responded to and talked to him on...

Charlie

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/12/14 06:01 AM

Ya Taff, he asked me to bring cash too and like you, I brought my SW airweight .38 instead....

Sad thing is that someone WILL end up leasing from him...
Posted By: AZBear

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/12/14 09:43 PM

Lats time I used the Navarro county appraisal district map it was easy. I think it even had the aerial marked with boundaries if im not mistaken.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/12/14 09:53 PM

Send me GPS coords I bet I can figure out who owns it.

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/12/14 10:25 PM

i was able to find it for him.

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/15/14 03:18 AM

Ttt

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 02/20/14 07:25 AM

Ttt

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 03/05/14 01:52 PM

Ttt
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 04/29/14 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: TheOriginalCaptMac

I CANT WAIT!!!! clap

Some americans are a bunch of cry baby threatening to sue each other when things are unfair.

Man up!
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 04/29/14 02:29 AM

A deer lease posted by a guy named "Syed Bilal" should have been the first clue. Lol
Posted By: whitetailfanatic

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 05/22/14 08:56 PM

We need to keep this at the top, good catch
Glad yall weren't scammed

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 06/03/14 11:29 PM

Well I guess I should have been more diligent about keeping this at the top..

Just found a new deer stand on the land I have an agreement to hunt next year from the landowners... Turns out our old buddy Sid has leased this land to a guy from Houston for 12k. Guy has already set up feeders and stands and brought his son out camping on the land. Feel terrible for the guy as he will probably not get his money back and now he has all of the time and energy wasted.

I am going to try and see if he wants a spot on the lease.

For the love of GOD people please DO NOT LEASE PROPERTY FROM SID BILAL!!!!!

Capt. Mac
Posted By: cameron00

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 06/04/14 12:28 AM

12k? Sheesh, how much land?
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 06/04/14 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: txbobcat
A deer lease posted by a guy named "Syed Bilal" should have been the first clue. Lol
I was thinkin' the same thing.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 06/04/14 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid

Yea… That would be like leasing from Sum Ting Wong or Ho Lee Fuk before checking to see if the lease is legit.
Posted By: JohnRussell

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 06/04/14 02:54 PM

The guy needs to go to jail for fraud.. big time.

R
Posted By: batman

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 06/05/14 12:52 AM

How does he get away with leasing land without landowners permission? Why hasn't he been arrested (or killed)?
Posted By: cannon88

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/02/14 02:40 AM

Didnt know about this guy until today. A friend of mine went to look at a possible place for us to lease for duck season/year round hunting. Found this ad, http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/grd/4739561596.html, my buddy met him this afternoon and didnt get a good feeling just from meeting him. After he got his full name, he googled him and found this post. Thanks for looking out THF! I just dont get how this guy keeps doing this and hasnt been shot yet! Lol. Or at least been charged with something.
Posted By: cannon88

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/02/14 03:38 AM

This is Syed "Sid" Bilal

Posted By: bobcat1

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/04/14 12:26 AM

He looks like an outlaw!
Posted By: kyle1974

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/04/14 02:28 AM

why hasn't anyone whipped his [censored] yet?
Posted By: bentman

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/04/14 02:41 AM

why would anyone lease a place from a guy with a name like Syed "Sid" Bilal
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/04/14 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: bentman
why would anyone lease a place from a guy with a name like Syed "Sid" Bilal

X2 As they say, " He doesn't look like he's from around here."

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/04/14 03:06 AM

I saw the pictures in that ad and figured it was him as the pictures are from different leases that have been posted over the last several months. I called him about a lease well over a year ago, before I came across THF. Something just didn't sound right...

Who would have legal jurisdiction to catch this guy?

Charlie
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/05/14 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: cannon88
This is Syed "Sid" Bilal

Now that's funny right thar.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/05/14 03:08 AM

Flag this post and any other scams (http://www.craigslist.org/about/prohibited) he puts up.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/09/14 05:36 AM

Let's form a posse and take care of this. I hate people getting screwed over. I sure hope the 12k guy gets a place. I like that you're going to try and get him on.
Posted By: griff383

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/14/14 05:29 AM

A buddy and I looked at one of his "properties" last year. Instantly we knew something was up when he started talking about how rich he was, he even laid the "I own a Harley dealership" line. My buddy has a GPS that lists land owners name and guess whos name wasnt on the property we looked at? By the end of it we decided he wasnt worth our time, good thing we trusted our gut.
Posted By: HS2

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/14/14 02:07 PM

I hate it when people get taken; thanks for the warning and advice. People that have never gone through the leasong process before don't know what questions to ask. Theives need to get arrested. This has to be a crime; it would seem that all someone would have to do is file a complaint with the sherrif.
Posted By: kindall

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/24/14 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: griff383
A buddy and I looked at one of his "properties" last year. Instantly we knew something was up when he started talking about how rich he was, he even laid the "I own a Harley dealership" line. My buddy has a GPS that lists land owners name and guess whos name wasnt on the property we looked at? By the end of it we decided he wasnt worth our time, good thing we trusted our gut.

Is this the app?
http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/hunting-app-for-iphone-ipad#.VHNe__10xok
Posted By: cmcmahan

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/24/14 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: kindall
Originally Posted By: griff383

Is this the app?
http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/hunting-app-for-iphone-ipad#.VHNe__10xok

That's the app I have on my Iphone & you get 1 week free trial & then you pay a fee for the maps.
Posted By: cowboybam58

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 11/24/14 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Pope&Young

Yea… That would be like leasing from Sum Ting Wong or Ho Lee Fuk before checking to see if the lease is legit.

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: AmerMirza

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 12/03/15 10:30 PM

If you all looking for Sid, he owns a Harley Davidson store in Mesquite. He is very well known for being a crook if you talk to his customers.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 12/04/15 12:35 AM

I hate crooks. Fwiw fellas i dont exactly look like "im from around here". I mean how many half mexican half asian hunters and ranchers do yall know? Lol.

Someone needs to nail this sob
Posted By: cliffie

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 12/05/15 01:23 AM

Doesn't anyone have one of those GPS devices with software to show land ownership?
Posted By: kmartinusa

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 12/07/15 03:31 AM

Really glad this wasn't a "my money is gone and I got screwed" story.

Good job on an abundance of caution and more thorough due diligence than most!
Posted By: kmartinusa

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 12/07/15 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: cliffie
Doesn't anyone have one of those GPS devices with software to show land ownership?

Not sure if you are looking but if so, here's what I use: http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/hunting-app-for-iphone-ipad#.VmT-73BOKrU

Works great.

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 12/28/15 05:24 AM

Btw, here is SID's new ad

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/grd/5334131401.html

His Ph # is listed on there as well.

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 12/28/15 05:31 AM

Do u know what happened about the legal action against Mr Sid? He is posting a lot on craigslist and must be stopped.
Posted By: DieselDoctor

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 12/29/15 09:34 PM

I'm seriously thinking about making a post on Dallas craigslist with Sid's phone number that says-

"Free club level tickets to Dallas cowboys vs Washington redskins 1/3/2016. I'm a huge fan but cant make the game and none of my family or friends can make the game. The tickets are free to who ever can guess my favorite cowboys head coach of all time. TEXT ONLY PLEASE. Sid 972-7fivefive-nine292."

Trust me, the text wont stop up until the game. a buddy of mine did this to me on April fools and I received 200 text msgs in about 20 mins and they went on and on. I think everyone should play there own little craigslist prank on this crook!
clap
Posted By: bassguy

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 12/29/15 10:18 PM

A prank is the last thing that should be played on this crook. Pranks are for third graders, this is a legal matter. The people posting on this thread that have been scammed by him are letting him get by with it then bitching about on here. He's getting by with it because yall have let him. I bet he reads these threads and laughs while he is counting yall's money.
Posted By: jjason

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 01/04/16 07:27 PM

TTT

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 01/10/16 08:00 AM

He owns a Harley Davidson store in Mesquite, TX. smile He is usually there in the late afternoons. Lets all pay him a visit! Please promote him.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 01/10/16 12:39 PM

Figures that he would own a Harley shop.

Do y'all know what the difference between a Harley motorcycle & Hoover vacuum? The position of the dirtbag.

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 01/10/16 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
Figures that he would own a Harley shop.

Do y'all know what the difference between a Harley motorcycle & Hoover vacuum? The position of the dirtbag.

That's pretty judgement. There ain't no dirtbag been near my Harley's.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** - 01/18/16 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Pope&Young

or ONE HUNG LOW
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum