Texas Hunting Forum

Lease Between Windthorst and Graham

Posted By: pb&j5279

Lease Between Windthorst and Graham - 03/21/10 02:57 PM

Dont know this area very well...I have a buddy who found a lease off of hwy 16. They are asking $15 an acre for it...Is this a good price for that area. I believe it is 900 acres. Anybody know anything about the area?

Posted By: prohunter2011

Re: Lease Between Windthorst and Graham - 03/21/10 04:29 PM

if its with chad hearn on effie rd i would beware of that guy,he just sc----- me.

Posted By: killemall

Re: Lease Between Windthorst and Graham - 03/21/10 04:48 PM

15 is a little high for the area. 10 is a solid $$ maybe 12 if it is great.

Posted By: Birddogg

Re: Lease Between Windthorst and Graham - 03/21/10 04:51 PM

15 is high....wouldn't pay more than 12 and thats if its realy great!!

Posted By: thorn4570

Re: Lease Between Windthorst and Graham - 03/22/10 04:12 PM

I pay 9.50 and I am on PK lake.

Posted By: Buck Em

Re: Lease Between Windthorst and Graham - 03/24/10 02:05 AM

I just got on a lease in loving of Chad hearns ... This ain't the same guy on the warning thread is it ?

Posted By: Earl

Re: Lease Between Windthorst and Graham - 03/24/10 04:21 AM

I'm right off of Hwy 16 a few miles North of Loving before you get to Markley. My landowner's father lives in Windthorst and that is where he grew up.

From my experience, $10-15 per acre is about normal for the area.

I pay $15 - but it's 100 acres and for whatever reason smaller places usually get the higher dollar figure. But to me its worth it as the place is only me and my boys, year round, with a nice tank stocked with bass and catfish and the landowner plants food plots for me.

There are plenty of deer in the area but if you are a true trophy hunter you won't probably get a buck every year. The mature bucks are there - but tend to be nocturnal.

If you are the type of hunter that is happy with a 120-130 class buck every couple of years or so, and plenty of spikes & does for meat - it isn't a bad area. I've seen a few 140 class or better bucks on my cameras but in 3 years the best I've taken is a 130 class 17.5 inch inside spread 10.

A bigger place with a true management program would fare better than me on the small place, but I've been happy and it's providing great memories for my boys and I - in my book that's all that really counts.

Earl

Posted By: Black Duck Dog

Re: Lease Between Windthorst and Graham - 05/25/15 01:50 AM

This guy will screw you and you standing there. will hunt it during the week when you are not there be ware live in name sharron jean ranch
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum