Texas Hunting Forum

WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING

Posted By: MathewsBowMan

WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/14/09 05:13 PM

Is anyone interested in doing a hunt in Shamrock TX with gun or bow? We have tons of deer and good bucks. We have lots of ag ground with corn, alfalfa and wheat. You can take 1 mature buck and all the does you want. I have extra tags from TPWD..
It's a quality hunt with low pressure and lots of acres.
It's $850 for bow and $1500 for gun and we have hogs also.
In the past I usually do 3 day hunts but if I guy wants another day that's fine with me. I have lots of archery stands up and shooting houses. I'm a bow hunter so I'm ready for archery guys.These are my personal leases that I hunt.
Thanks,

Posted By: 7mag

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/14/09 08:22 PM

Great price, and I hear they grow some brusiers out that way up

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/14/09 08:45 PM

Thanks 7 Mag. We kill a couple big ones every year and this year should be good for horns with the rain. And lordy we have tons of deer. We just can't kill enough does to keep up.
We kill 47 does last year and we didn't touch em.

Posted By: 7mag

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/14/09 09:07 PM

Just a thought here. You ever thought of doing a doe hunt only??? Like a group hunt for the THF??? Quite a few guys on here trying to just get their kids into hunting and not wanting to spend a whole bunch of dinero, more so with the economy and all. Best of luck to you

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/14/09 09:17 PM

Yes Sir 7 Mag, I do youth doe hunts and I have 13 kids coming out to shoot does on Oct 31 - Nov 1 and thanks. Now in January I would be glad to take some more kids out but 13 kids is about all we can handle in Oct, haha. That's a bunch of deer skinning smile
If you know of anyone that wants to take kids to shoot does and hogs let me know.
thanks,

Posted By: jkk

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/15/09 01:29 PM

PM sent

Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/16/09 09:54 PM

Boomer Sooner, I am interested can you email some buck photos?

I am looking for a 130 class 8 point or larger.
email to: raydanak@gmail.com
Thanks,
Ray
A retired Fed. lawman with a hunting and fishing addiction.

Posted By: MarkG

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/17/09 03:44 PM

Bump for a Good guy and all he is saying is right on! Got my Shamrock venison thawing right now to make jerky this weekend.

Posted By: whby05

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/17/09 05:01 PM

MarkG did i meet you at my lease in shamrock a couple weeks ago? were you driving the red ford?

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/17/09 05:50 PM

Thanks Mark G and you bring those boys back in Oct or Jan if you want.
WHBY05, that was Mike you met. You've never met Mark I wouldn't do that to him, haha.

Posted By: whby05

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/17/09 06:04 PM

oh.....whats that suppose to mean?

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/17/09 06:23 PM

WHBY05, You know what I mean, lol.

Posted By: MarkG

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/17/09 06:36 PM

Whby05 and I need to meet since were neighbors , maybe this Fall. Matthew reminded me this morning he still has not shot a deer and even though I showed him game cam pictures of our lease in Abilene he wanted to know how long till we hunt with you! You sold those boys. Did a guy from Plano call you?

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 09/17/09 06:45 PM

Hey Mark,
WHBY05 is a big bully.
If you guys can't make it in Oct for sure bring them out in Jan.
I don't think I've talked to a guy from Plano.
Thanks,

Posted By: AmarilloBowHunter

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 10/06/09 02:33 PM

I may be interested in a one day bow hunt in Shamrock. I am only in Amarillo this week, so it would have to be Saturday, October 10. If you have an opening on this day, please contact me at 512.799.7054. My name is Shane. I am a responsible hunter who would only take mature deer within my effective range. Thank you.

Re: WHEELER COUNTY DEER HUNTING - 10/06/09 03:12 PM

Amarillobowhunter,
Sir I'm sorry I can't do it this weekend.
Stay in touch and maybe another time.
Thanks, YB

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum