Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for west Texas deer hunt, Father-Son

Posted By: Hoof Hearted

Looking for west Texas deer hunt, Father-Son - 12/01/17 03:08 PM

Hi folks, just throwing a line out to see if any ranches or outfitters in west Texas have something available end Dec or early-mid Jan timeframe for my son and I to try and get a deer or two. We drove out from our home in Arizona in Oct but the weather was absolutely awful (hot and wet) and long story short, my son didn't get an opportunity at a deer and I got a doe on the last night. The ranch we hunted offered for us to come back, but they've gone completely silent and aren't returning any messages or emails (not judging because I don't know their circumstances). We aren't picky and would be happy with a cull buck for him or even just does or javelina. I just want to get my son his first big game animal. We don't need a place to stay necessarily as we camp out in the back of the Tahoe quite a bit. Not looking for a handout, just a place that would give us a good chance of getting some meat for a reasonable price (we already have our licenses, obviously). Driving distance is important so I'm really looking at west Texas to try and keep my drive under 12 hours. Shoot me a PM if you have something that might fit the bill. Thanks! -Luke
Posted By: TenTenWhitetails

Re: Looking for west Texas deer hunt, Father-Son - 12/01/17 03:46 PM

Luke, we can get you set up if Vanderpool, tx isn't too far for you.
Thanks!
Posted By: woodsonhunter

Re: Looking for west Texas deer hunt, Father-Son - 12/01/17 03:53 PM

I will need to take several more doe and some cull bucks at between now and Jan.

I am in NW Texas near the town of Woodson, TX 76491.

PM me if that is within your drive.

Thanks.
Posted By: JKC

Re: Looking for west Texas deer hunt, Father-Son - 12/01/17 05:11 PM

contact Mulie Mike here on the forum.
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Looking for west Texas deer hunt, Father-Son - 12/01/17 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: JKC
contact Mulie Mike here on the forum.
Mike's Cell #915 328 0645 I'd text him 1st.
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Looking for west Texas deer hunt, Father-Son - 12/01/17 07:37 PM

Thanks guys. I Have a few hunts available in the Sonora and Comstock Texas area. I have management and trophy bucks, give me a ring 9153280645
Posted By: Hko

Re: Looking for west Texas deer hunt, Father-Son - 12/02/17 01:46 PM

I got management hunts out of Robert Lee Texas guaranteed opportunity.. 5300 acre high fence mld tags $1500 for 110-130 inch whitetail $250 for does. $475 for bucks less than 110 (culls) give me a call anytime or visit my website listed below.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum