Texas Hunting Forum

Spring bear hunt

Posted By: webb1974

Spring bear hunt - 11/27/17 04:03 AM

Looking for a spring bear hunt. Any recommendations? Will entertain anywhere.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Spring bear hunt - 11/27/17 05:00 PM

My wife and I really had a great time hunting with Sean Lingl (Canandian Guide Outfitters). He has the concession for the southern half of Vancouver Island for black bears. The bears there are known for their large size, his lodge is top notch for both food and accommodations, and the scenery is magnificent.

I took a nice bear on the second day and we spent the rest of the week exploring the many sights the island has to offer. It was a great hunt and very enjoyable trip.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Spring bear hunt - 11/27/17 05:49 PM

I went a few years ago on a bear hunt in Manitoba Canada. Had a great time. I was able to drive to the Hunt from Tyler Texas which was nice. I went with Hosted Hunts (a hunt Broker)out of Minnesota. I would highly recommend the Hunt. The contact was Brett who posts prettty regularly on here as BrettM. The walleye fishing in the morning was fantastic as was the evening hunt. If you have any questions let me know.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Spring bear hunt - 11/27/17 06:15 PM

Any in driving distance
Posted By: Teamvit

Re: Spring bear hunt - 11/29/17 02:30 AM

White Mountain Apache Reservation in AZ. I hunted with Tom David last year, had an awesome time and killed a nice bear
Posted By: Brettm

Re: Spring bear hunt - 12/02/17 01:06 AM

Be glad to help you out if you want.

Thanks for the reference Erny..........we'll have to try hook up in Dallas at DSC if you're still going.

Still kick myself on the bear I passed the first day of our hunt!!

I did another black bear hunt this year in June a little closer to home......right across the border in Manitoba. About an hour away from my house and about an hour or so S.E. of where we hunted. Took a dandy!

Had camera issues so not a great pic. Went 315 lbs.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum