Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for mule deer hunt

Posted By: b weezy

Looking for mule deer hunt - 11/23/17 04:35 PM

Looking for a mule deer hunt for 2 next season...anybody have any recommendations of outfitters? Thanks, Brent
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Looking for mule deer hunt - 11/24/17 06:46 AM

I have lots of references off this site. I have gone to mostly season leasing for mule deer but do have a few guided hunts available. Will message you
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Looking for mule deer hunt - 11/24/17 04:49 PM

I've hunted most of the Western States and found Eastern Montana to be the best place for Mule Deer that I've found. It's been awhile, and I don't have anybody to recommend since the guy I used had some family issues and moved away. I hunted in early November and saw on average 30 legal bucks a day. There where 7 of us in camp and I shot my buck on the third day. Only one other guy held out longer. Most shot their bucks on the first day because they where bigger then any other buck they had seen in their lifetime. Mine was 28 inches wide and scored the mid 150's. My buddy shot his the day before and was 26 inches wide with five points on each side plus eye guards, and scored in the 180's. As with most hunts, after shooting our bucks, we saw bigger ones. One was MUCH BIGGER!!!! Several that we passed on still haunt me because of how nice there where. Two where supper thick and tall, but probably 22 inches wide. Another gave us the slip a couple times that might have gone over 30 inches, it was just too quick to know for sure. Best thing was just seeing so many deer all day long, day after day!!!!

Posted By: JeremyKS

Re: Looking for mule deer hunt - 11/24/17 05:35 PM

We offer mule deer hunts in New Mexico, Kansas and Colorado.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum