Texas Hunting Forum

6-8 Guys from North Dakota looking for a Hog Hunt

Posted By: Wessli

6-8 Guys from North Dakota looking for a Hog Hunt - 08/03/17 07:09 PM

Hey all,

There are a group of us looking to make a trip to the South to shoot some hogs and have a good time. None of us have ever experienced it and we know nothing about it. But we all hunt avidly up here and are looking for something new.

Looking for sometime next May/June, but open to suggestions. Willing to compensate, however a full blown lodge/outfit might push the budget as it's not cheap to get to Texas. We would also be willing to trade a spring snow goose hunt or Fall Mallard's in the cornfields here in ND.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: KeithTT

Re: 6-8 Guys from North Dakota looking for a Hog Hunt - 08/03/17 11:45 PM

Red Dirt Outfitters. $200 a day you will kill a lot of hogs plus $40 a night lodging. Wichita falls Texas.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: 6-8 Guys from North Dakota looking for a Hog Hunt - 08/05/17 02:06 AM

Sent ya a PM!!
Posted By: Hogz

Re: 6-8 Guys from North Dakota looking for a Hog Hunt - 08/16/17 02:38 AM

HIGHLY recommend HUNTERS CREEK RANCH as you can tell from some of my other posts..
We have hunted here for 6yrs now. Absolutely love this place!

Tons of pigs!! Clean and comfortable lodging! Great food!

$275/day gets you 2 pigs per day. 2 meals per day. Room and board.

www.hunterscreekranchtx.com
Posted By: Bigcat

Re: 6-8 Guys from North Dakota looking for a Hog Hunt - 08/19/17 09:31 PM

Depends on what type of hunting you want. If you want south Texas where everything pokes, stabs, cuts, and poisons you with a chance at Javis also..Or Hill country hunting around San Saba, Lampasas with cedar, oak, and mequite trees...Or more open land up in north Texas...Or far east Texas (where Sqiggy's place is) with huge tall trees and lots of marshes and probably a bigfoot or two.

They all have pros and cons. They're all completely different.

I've been to Sqiggy's place and it's awesome IMO. Lots of bugs. Great and exciting night hunting.

I have a place in San Saba. It's great because one can see lots of deer, turkey, raccoons, coyotes, fox, hogs and other small game. It's just a drier climate with more small trees and brush. I can hunt 4-5 guys on my place. Comes with a cabin.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: 6-8 Guys from North Dakota looking for a Hog Hunt - 08/19/17 11:31 PM

tag
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: 6-8 Guys from North Dakota looking for a Hog Hunt - 08/20/17 12:07 AM

I can vouch for Mike Powell out of Victoria. Have used him with friends, wife, and kids. He has good low fence properties, good lodges, decent cooking, and lots of pigs. I was with some friends last year and we shot 25 pigs in two days. May and June are hot and they will be nocturnal. You will have a better time in cooler weather.

http://www.allseasonsguideservice.com/
Posted By: Hko

Re: 6-8 Guys from North Dakota looking for a Hog Hunt - 08/20/17 01:05 AM

Check out www.Hardknocksoutdoors.net

We have low fence and high fence hunts available.
Posted By: woodsonhunter

Re: 6-8 Guys from North Dakota looking for a Hog Hunt - 08/21/17 02:34 PM

I offer hog hunts in North TX.

I have an add on here or pm if interested.

Thanks.
Posted By: JesseE

Re: 6-8 Guys from North Dakota looking for a Hog Hunt - 08/22/17 12:37 AM

PM sent.
Posted By: diehardoutfitter

Re: 6-8 Guys from North Dakota looking for a Hog Hunt - 08/23/17 11:11 AM

Pm sent
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum