Texas Hunting Forum

Trophy Mule Deer Hunts

Posted By: Tripper Swift

Trophy Mule Deer Hunts - 07/13/17 01:36 PM

I have a couple different options for trophy mule deer hunts in Mexico with dates still available.

Option 1: Is in the Sonora area. This outfitter averaged 190 with a 90% success rate. All but one of the unsuccessful hunters either missed or gut shot a deer. There was one hunter that never took a shot. He had several chances at 180-192ish bucks but did not want anything below 200. Thes outfitters run there hunts from Sunday to Sunday. Hunters fly into Hermosillo, Sonora and are picked up from there. Hunting is conducted pretty typical for there via highrack and typically quite a bit of spot and stalk depending on the client. This hunt is $10,000 with meals lodging, game care and all. These hunts will be from the beginning of January through the first week of February. Availability at this point depends on group size. There are several spots open but it is filling up rather quickly.

Option 2: Is an outfitter that just picked up a 300k acre lease in Baja. These guys haven't offered mule deer hunts in a while but are one of if not the top coues deer guys in Mexico. The ranch has never been hunted and is loaded with mule deer and sheep. The outfitters will be on all hunts and they work extremely hard but they have also hired local guides. Since it hasn't ever been hunted they don't have any kill pics but they are expecting the average deer to be 180-190 with several over that. These hunts they would prefer to do over 10 days with 8 full days hunting. Hunters would fly into La Paz and be picked up from there. Everything included except gun permit. They use truck and atvs but prefer to use horses when not hiking. This hunt is about as cheap as I have ever seen down there at $8000. Obviously they don't have the specific track record for mules but I know how hard these guys work on coues (they average 104-110) and I'm personally pretty confident in them. The one other cool thing about this one is because of the area it's still rugged country but you have views of the ocean most of the time. The season runs from January through march, but we suggest late February if possible. There are 6-7 spots still open.

That's the highlights and prices. If you want more details on the particular outfitters or pictures let me know.
Posted By: Tripper Swift

Re: Trophy Mule Deer Hunts - 07/14/17 12:52 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum