Texas Hunting Forum

Hog hunt prices? Help me out

Posted By: Cody Malone

Hog hunt prices? Help me out - 01/12/17 05:40 PM

How does this sound on a 1400 acre HF ranch loaded w 80-160#+ pigs? No lodging, nice stands and feeders full 24/7?

Here is the model:
$250 day fee
No kill fee up to 150 pounds of hog
$1 per pound after 150
Let's say you shot a 100, 35, 100 & 65 for 300 pounds of hog

You pay an extra $150
Posted By: Dalep

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/12/17 05:57 PM

sounds fair enough. where at? i'll be hunting van horn for javelina end of February and like to shoot a hog too. Any guiding included?
Posted By: rickym

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/12/17 06:25 PM

Alot of people arent big on the paying per pound idea. That alone will probably cost you some business. Maybe something like the $250 fee covers 2 hogs any size and the customer pays $50 per hog after that.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/12/17 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: rickym
Alot of people arent big on the paying per pound idea. That alone will probably cost you some business. Maybe something like the $250 fee covers 2 hogs any size and the customer pays $50 per hog after that.

I would get on something like above much faster than the per pound one.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/12/17 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: rickym

^^^^^This

I don't think I have ever seen anyone charge per pound for pig hunts.
Posted By: esnow74

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/12/17 08:58 PM

Don't understand the per pound pricing especially since I like to kill bigger hogs. Small pigs are a lot of work for not much meat. Is it because you are buying them by the pound and stocking them?

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/13/17 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: esnow74
Don't understand the per pound pricing especially since I like to kill bigger hogs. Small pigs are a lot of work for not much meat. Is it because you are buying them by the pound and stocking them?

No all wild never touched

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/13/17 02:13 AM

I'm a deer and exotic guy who shoots pigs at last light to get em gone and make clients smile

I know where they live and eat so now I just need a good starting point on the money side Bc it is a business
Posted By: 2010bigdog

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/13/17 03:33 AM

If you truly want 'em gone drop that price and forget the per pound fee. It's a deterrent!

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/13/17 09:15 AM

Originally Posted By: 2010bigdog
If you truly want 'em gone drop that price and forget the per pound fee. It's a deterrent!

They will never be gone but we can deff reduce the number a little
Posted By: bow-man

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/13/17 03:05 PM

I agree, being a guy on a budget.. knowing what I was paying before would be a much easier decision ... It would be hard to go on a hunt and then end up spending 100-200 more for the weekend than anticipated. The 250 for two hogs any size and 50 each after that is a good idea. At least when you pull the trigger you know what you owe.
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/13/17 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: bow-man
I agree, being a guy on a budget.. knowing what I was paying before would be a much easier decision ... It would be hard to go on a hunt and then end up spending 100-200 more for the weekend than anticipated. The 250 for two hogs any size and 50 each after that is a good idea. At least when you pull the trigger you know what you owe.
I'd book a hunt like that up
Posted By: Dalep

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/14/17 02:02 AM

Pm me if prepared to sell one hog in late February. Maybe a 200lb or less are x amount 200-300 is dif amount

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/14/17 07:27 PM

We had two good 125-150s eating my bucks corn today, they are lucky to be alive lol

Ended up shooting a 159 7/8" buck
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/14/17 08:13 PM

I agree with BowMan also. The per pound price addition throws me off a bit, otherwise I'll book that hunt.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/15/17 05:20 AM

Cody, if you want I can bring my son and myself and we will take some hogs off your place with thermal and NV gear. If they are hitting the feeders we can do that too. I would not be willing to pay a per pound price but if you wan them gone I can make them gone....

Let me know as I have a weekend coming up the beginning of february where we could hunt saturday thru monday and we are looking for something to do as the girls will be gone to disney. I don't want to spend a lot of money for this but could be a big help to you to get rid of some hogs.

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/15/17 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
Cody, if you want I can bring my son and myself and we will take some hogs off your place with thermal and NV gear. If they are hitting the feeders we can do that too. I would not be willing to pay a per pound price but if you wan them gone I can make them gone....

Let me know as I have a weekend coming up the beginning of february where we could hunt saturday thru monday and we are looking for something to do as the girls will be gone to disney. I don't want to spend a lot of money for this but could be a big help to you to get rid of some hogs.

Id love to have ya out just to have y'all having a good time but with that being said I have to get my deer hunts completed before I start thrashing in the pigs. As a business man I can't have anyone out harvesting deer, pigs or varmints without receiving compensation
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/15/17 05:55 PM

Cody, sent you a pm.

Re: Hig hunt prices - 01/18/17 04:23 AM

Messages all returned
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum