Texas Hunting Forum

Javelina and ram hunt near San Antonio or Dallas

Posted By: Dalep

Javelina and ram hunt near San Antonio or Dallas - 11/29/16 05:27 PM

My fiancé and I are going to take my 9 year old nephew with us this year for our Texas trip. We are definitely going to San Antonio for the Alamo and such and will be flying out of Dallas.
What we need:
- 2 javelina (one for me and one for the misses) free range no fence
- 1 ram on a budget. Hes never even seen one so they all will be a great trophy. Blind hunting or spot/stalk. No tree stands.

What we may want:
- Lodging (plan to stay in a hotel but all comes down to price)
- Free range hog hunt for one person (me) I have a xsight or open to daytime hunting or with dogs or whatever

This is a budget minded hunt. Was planning just a trip for the misses and I but my nephew shows real interest in hunting and can mix in some education field trips while there. I'm not a rich man so doing everything on the cheap when possible. He is only a "good" shot with his AR, I've put him behind other guns with bad results at the range. Only shot under 50yds with it as well. So that needs to be accounted for in the type of ram hunt. I will back him up with a 308. He blew the heart apart in his first hog shot ever last year.

Dates are the last week of February 26,27,28.

Thanks for any suggestions or offers
Dale
Posted By: Dalep

Re: Javelina and ram hunt near San Antonio or Dallas - 11/30/16 05:19 PM

nothing? want to book something soon so I can give the itinerary to my nephew for christmas
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum