Texas Hunting Forum

Deer hunts near Bandera

Posted By: don k

Deer hunts near Bandera - 08/27/16 03:49 PM

I have had some questions about hunting with me this year. I am not going to blow smoke up any ones rear so here it is. I raise Ibex but there are also too many WT on the place. Every year I need to get them reduced. They are not fed protein unless it is some the goats leave which is not much. That being said they are just typical Hill Country Deer. This is a HF place about 350 acres. I do not care about B&C age or maturity. I have all the Does for this year spoken for. Bucks 8 points or less are $100 per point that is at least one inch long. I have a few bucks that are over 8 points that I would like to keep, but if a person just has to have one they are $200 per point. So to make it as simple as I can. A spike would be $200 a 8 point would be $800. I have one that looks to have 13 points and he would be $2600. If these deer are not what you would want do not waste your time or mine by coming here to hunt. You will see bucks. The first day is free. If you want more days it is $200 per day.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 08/27/16 04:24 PM

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 08/27/16 04:26 PM

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 08/27/16 04:31 PM

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 08/27/16 04:34 PM

One of 2 blinds
Posted By: majekman

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 08/27/16 05:17 PM

Prob the best no bs, honest, straight up, full of info add I've ever seen posted here. If I was lookin....Id hunt with you in a heartbeat.
Man...Ya really need to let that big boy walk. Be fun watchin him another couple years. up
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 08/27/16 05:46 PM

One of my favorite guys around this place. Looking good Don, if I ever get time up that way im going to bring a beer and come see you sir.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 08/27/16 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: BBD84
One of my favorite guys around this place. Looking good Don, if I ever get time up that way im going to bring a beer and come see you sir.
I have been waiting on you to bring the "Cold Beers". Hope you have a good season this year Jeremy.
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 08/27/16 10:07 PM

Yes sir, Were getting booked up for one hell of a year again. No days off in October and barely any open in November. Hope to see you soon though. I dont need much of a reason to drive through that part of the country. Expecially after playing in south Tx brush for awhile.
Posted By: Wes70

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 08/28/16 01:17 AM

If something falls through on the does let me know.
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 08/28/16 07:21 PM

Best deal for a WT hunt out there. Don I hope you have a great fall sir, I'm sure your hunters will be very pleased. up

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 08/29/16 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Elkhunter49
Best deal for a WT hunt out there. Don I hope you have a great fall sir, I'm sure your hunters will be very pleased. up
Thanks Roland. I think both of the Axis Bucks that jumped in have left. Have not seen them for about a week. Stay dry. A lot of weird stuff going on in the Gulf.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/24/16 04:32 PM

Still need some Buck hunters for this season. I am not big on score or maturity so don't let that be a factor. I just need to reduce the numbers.
Posted By: Bbcat78

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/24/16 07:21 PM

Don do you still have the odd buck roaming around? I havent seen any recent pics posted

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/24/16 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Bbcat78
Don do you still have the odd buck roaming around? I havent seen any recent pics posted
Yes he stays near the house with some Ibex. Very strange looking deer.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/24/16 09:20 PM

my favorite kind
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/24/16 10:44 PM

Don is a great person and offers a great hunt and experience.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/24/16 11:28 PM

Picture from this morning
Posted By: TxFishKeeper

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/25/16 12:52 AM

Don, do you have any Axis running around that could be added to a buck hunt ?

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/25/16 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: BowsnRods
Don is a great person and offers a great hunt and experience.

Agreed

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/25/16 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: TxFishKeeper
Don, do you have any Axis running around that could be added to a buck hunt ?
I have one but he is only 26" or so and I only see him once in a while.
Posted By: jerry hart

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/26/16 04:31 AM

Don K, is and always been straight forward, he tells you point blank honest and no BS or sugar coating.....KIND OF LIKE DONALD TRUMP...HUNTED WITH HIM YEARS AGO....SUPER NICE GUY

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/26/16 10:58 PM

This is going to be some hunters 8 point for $800.
Posted By: JOBK

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/27/16 01:28 AM

I have hunted three times with Don. He is very dedicated , straight forward person. It is not easy to find such a quality hunt with this price. I always recommend ...
Posted By: JakeinTX

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/27/16 06:45 PM

I'll add what others have said, Don is a great guy! You will see deer!
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/27/16 09:43 PM

As usual, good deal and straight-forward ad. Beautiful country to hunt in down that way too. Good look to you and your hunters this year Don.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 10/28/16 12:02 AM

Thank all of you for the kind words. I have never tried to BS anybody on hunting with me. I don't feed protein and don't have real big deer. They are what deer used to look like before protein became popular. I am not in the WT business. I will be 70 years old next month. I have found in all those years don't try to BS your hunters. Tell them like it is. Don't say an animal is larger than it actually is. I don't actually guide hunters much any more unless they want me to. Then it is only in the Kubota. I set them in a blind and they take what they want. I could care less if it is a 3 month old fawn or a 10 year old Buck. They made the choice. In all my years I have only had trouble with one hunter. I ran him off and he will never set foot on my land again. I have had numerous tell me that they saw more deer in one morning than they had seen in a whole year on leases they have had. I don't do this for money as you should be able to tell from what I charge. Again thank all of you that gave me and my property complements. I remember all of you and I too enjoyed having you here.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/06/16 02:27 PM

Mr. Banda got this dark antlered 8 point this morning.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/06/16 03:23 PM

Great buck Don, congrats to your hunter

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/06/16 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By: BowsnRods
Great buck Don, congrats to your hunter
Thanks John. When things settle down a bit I owe you a breakfast at the OST.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/06/16 10:57 PM

I have been asked to take some more average type Hill Country type Bucks off an adjoining property. I have sat in a stand and seen some good 8 point and one of the largest what looks to be a 4 point Buck that I have ever seen. These will be the same price as what I have been getting. If anyone is interested let me know.
Posted By: cboyd

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/07/16 01:27 PM

Don

I would love to get some more info on the hunt for my son and I ! Is it best to call you?

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/07/16 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: cboyd
Don

I would love to get some more info on the hunt for my son and I ! Is it best to call you?
I answered your email. Thanks

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/08/16 01:57 PM

Looks like your having some fun Don, and providing some great hunting to those hunters looking for a fun and affordable hunt.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/08/16 08:38 PM

Bryan got this dark antlered 8 point this morning

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/08/16 08:40 PM

Amanda got herself a good Doe this morning

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/08/16 09:35 PM

Congrats to you and your hunter's Don, very fine job!
Posted By: TXSIGNGUY

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/08/16 09:53 PM

up cheers

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/12/16 02:43 PM

TJ got this dark antlered 8 point buck this morning. I still have a few Bucks I would like to get taken.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/13/16 04:14 AM

Great job to your hunter Don on a fine buck and good shot placement.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/13/16 12:54 PM

Thanks John. I have had some very good people out this year hunting. Also as you can see from the pictures it has been a very good fall for the grass.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/15/16 03:47 AM

Picture from this morning
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/15/16 01:13 PM

Nice 10

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/15/16 04:33 PM

A couple of Bucks from this morning
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/16/16 01:07 AM

PM sent

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/16/16 03:15 AM

I got a picture of the 4 point this afternoon. Pretty good buck for $400.
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/16/16 03:39 AM

Rifle only? Is there a size limit? Or is it just if-it-has-horns-and-you-want-to-pay-for-it kind of deal?

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/16/16 12:59 PM

Rifle only.Any Buck with hard antlers. No Does. You pay $100 per point over one inch long up to and including eight points. That would make a four point cost $400. A six point $600 and so on. If the Buck has over eight point such as ten points the price per point goes up to $200 per point. That would make a ten point cost $2000. I can not make it any clearer than that. If a person can count and either add or multiply there should be no problem on them knowing what the Buck will cost when they pull the trigger.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/17/16 03:55 AM

I understand now!
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/17/16 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By: don k
Rifle only.Any Buck with hard antlers. No Does. You pay $100 per point over one inch long up to and including eight points. That would make a four point cost $400. A six point $600 and so on. If the Buck has over eight point such as ten points the price per point goes up to $200 per point. That would make a ten point cost $2000. I can not make it any clearer than that. If a person can count and either add or multiply there should be no problem on them knowing what the Buck will cost when they pull the trigger.
grin No I understood the deal. I'm only wondering if there are certain bucks that you don't want taken or certain bucks that you definitely want taken or if it's open to hunters' discretion. Thanks for the info!!

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/17/16 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: chital_shikari
grin No I understood the deal. I'm only wondering if there are certain bucks that you don't want taken or certain bucks that you definitely want taken or if it's open to hunters' discretion. Thanks for the info!!
Again, I do not care what Buck is taken. It can be a spike or the 13 point I have seen. Any buck with hard antlers.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/20/16 12:34 AM

Carson got the 4 point i had seen.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/20/16 04:12 AM

That's is a nice 4 point. How many bucks do you have left Don?
Posted By: basschump

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/20/16 04:25 AM

Mr Koenig-
Carson and I had a great hunt this afternoon! He didn't stop taking all the way home. I really appreciate the opportunity to hunt your place- it's a real treat.

In addition to this deer- we saw a two eights (one really nice one) a spike and several does at the stand. There were also some nice bucks at the cabin when we got in from the hunt. Anyone looking for a quality hill country hunt with a top notch land owner- this is the place.

Thanks again Don!

Bryan

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/21/16 12:40 AM

Thanks Bryan for the kind words. You have a very polite and good shooting Son. You and Carson are always welcome as long as I have something to hunt.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/21/16 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

That's is a nice 4 point. How many bucks do you have left Don?
I still have probably at least 5 more Bucks I would like to get hunted. Yesterday morning I saw a 10 and two 8's while feeding the Ibex. In the afternoon while killing time waiting for Carson and his Dad I sat in another stand and saw a 11 and 3 eight point Bucks. I am not even counting the smaller bucks i saw. Then while we were cleaning Carsons Buck we saw a couple of good Bucks on the hill behind the cabin. I still have probably have at least 2 bucks for every Doe. So if a person comes hunting they will see WT Bucks. And if they shoot as well as Carson they will get a Buck.
Posted By: rbw1

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/21/16 03:22 PM

Don't know if a person can beat this deal great job Don . Hill Country native deer hunting the way it used to be before all the let's feed um all the protein they can choke stuff started.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/26/16 05:15 PM

Rachel got a good 8 point Buck this morning
Posted By: northern transplant

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/27/16 03:02 AM

Don,

Thank you so much for helping my wife get her first buck this morning. She is still on cloud nine and can't stop smiling. I'd highly recommend this hunt to anyone as we truly enjoyed ourselves and you have a beautiful property.

Thanks again

Matt

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/27/16 04:05 AM

Great job Don, and congrats to your lady hunter.
Posted By: HCH Outfitter

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/27/16 08:33 PM

Great bucks & happy hunters Don k! Congrats to all.
Diane
Posted By: marcovgv

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/30/16 03:26 PM

sent you a PM and email.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 11/30/16 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: marcovgv
sent you a PM and email.
I emailed you that I don't like to have 3 hunters at one time. Sorry
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 12/06/16 03:47 PM

Looks like some good deer taken and some very happy hunters so far. Good on you Don K.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 12/06/16 04:15 PM

Thanks Everyone. I have 2 more hunters coming before Christmas. That is all for this year. I know for sure I did not get 2 tens,a 13, a 9 and an 11 point taken. If they don't jump out of my so called HF it will be interesting next year.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 12/06/16 06:31 PM

Great News for you Don!

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 12/06/16 06:55 PM

Thanks John, Hope you get all you need taken this year as well. This has been a very good year. Had no trouble selling hunts. All the people that came were very good. Did not have to track any wounded Deer. All in all everything could not have worked out better. Now the next big adventure is when the Ibex start having kids probably in early Feb. Cannot get any worse than the last two years. I hope.
Posted By: marcovgv

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 12/09/16 07:24 PM

im interested in next year when that booking is available.

Re: Deer hunts near Bandera - 12/10/16 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: marcovgv
im interested in next year when that booking is available.
Get in touch with me in Aug.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum