Texas Hunting Forum

Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting !

Posted By: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/17/16 05:41 PM

I have been on lots of ranches hunting, guiding, and consulting over the years. I have had the pleasure of working with Rain Creek Ranch since the end of May. Rain Creek has an exceptional whitetail and exotic hunting program for all types of hunters. I personally have never seen a ranch with the quality of axis that Rain Creek produces. Its one thing to drive around the ranch and see a 30in. plus axis buck. Its another to drive around and see a dozen or more that are 35in. plus, truly amazing. The lodging is first class with the most comfortable beds you will ever sleep on. The food is amazing with a master of the grill serving up some unique Texas dishes. Whether you are looking to treat some hard working employees or spend time hunting with family and friends, Rain Creek is the answer.

At Rain Creek, we are here for you (Client) to not only be successful hunting, but to have a everlasting memory of what Texas Hospitality truly means at its core.

Feel free to give us a call for any of your questions you might have.

Kyle Nunn (Manager) 817-875-5550

Lonnie Walker (Ranch Consultant) 817-598-5338

Rain Creek Clients Successful Hunts:

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/17/16 08:40 PM

Posted By: Lazyman

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/17/16 09:53 PM

wow awesome looking animals..
Posted By: don k

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/17/16 10:10 PM

Great looking animals
Posted By: TxHunter80

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/17/16 10:26 PM

Really nice axis. That first is really unique
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/18/16 03:09 AM

Great Looking Deer Lonnie!
Posted By: HCH Outfitter

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/18/16 03:49 AM

Lonnie! Holy Brow Tines!! Those Axis are amazing!! Whitetail super nice too but the Axis are outstanding!! Ranch looks awesome!!
Diane
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/18/16 02:46 PM

aim
Awesome...!
up up up

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/18/16 08:18 PM

Thank y'all, it's going to be an exciting fall. Booking lots of hunts.

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/19/16 12:07 AM

MONSTERS SNEAKING AROUND !
Posted By: Stykes

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/19/16 12:15 AM

Pricing?
Posted By: Steven Bates

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/19/16 03:55 PM

Good looking new gig you got there Lonnie! those are some studs!
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/19/16 07:12 PM

Holy Moly Bat Man. That really is a Monster. Great looking pics Lonnie!

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/20/16 03:43 AM

Thank you gentleman, your trophy is only a phone call away.

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/21/16 04:20 AM

Weekend bump !

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/21/16 11:24 PM

This is the photo worth a 1000 words, was taken here on the ranch. Still walking around, and most of important is on a low fence part of the ranch.

Call me for booking details !
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/21/16 11:52 PM

Lonnie, post a price list for this place please? texas cowboy
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/22/16 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

This is the photo worth a 1000 words, was taken here on the ranch. Still walking around, and most of important is on a low fence part of the ranch.

Call me for booking details !

Where is this ranch at? This is the buck that Elkhunter49 has pics of. Roland said that it was on a ranch in the hill country. Without a doubt that is the buck he posted pics of......

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/22/16 01:32 AM

Everyone knows that now days many outfitters lie about everything, and do everything they can to get hunters in the gate including taking others photos. I am not going to point fingers, but this photo is from this ranch 100 % positive.

I do not always post my prices because if you replied to my thread, you would get 10 pms from other outfitters saying they can all do it cheaper and better. If your interested in a hunt, pm me and we can go over everything.

I am going to wave all daily fees if you book any hunts before 9/30/16.
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/22/16 03:44 AM

This Ranch is top notch I know another guide that sells Hunts their

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/24/16 11:31 AM

Mid week bump ! The rain sure did us some good !
Posted By: JKC

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/24/16 01:28 PM

Looking good Lonnie, hope all is well.
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/24/16 07:47 PM

Great ranch. Congratulations Lonnie, I hope all is well on your end.

~Haiden
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 10:41 AM

Everyone knows that now days many outfitters lie about everything, and do everything they can to get hunters in the gate including taking others photos. I am not going to point fingers, but this photo is from this ranch 100 % positive.

I do not always post my prices because if you replied to my thread, you would get 10 pms from other outfitters saying they can all do it cheaper and better. If your interested in a hunt, pm me and we can go over everything.

I am going to wave all daily fees if you book any hunts before 9/30/16.

First let me say Mr. Walker that your are 100% wrong about this photo. I took the photo myself. Not a friend of mine or a friend of a friend of a friend but me. It damn sure didn't come off your ranch. I'm fixing to look at the rain creek website and this photo better not be on your site!! If you have a problem with my post here then call me on my cell today and we can settle this off line. Roland Baker 713-876-7176.

I texted the photo you posted to Rain Creek Outfitters on April 6th at 08:37 AM while trying to book a hunt for this summer. I ask them if they had any deer that looked close to this for hunting this summer. I used this same approach with multiple ranch owners and outfitters throughout Texas but none decided to post the photo as their own and even claim that the deer is still alive on their place. That's a hell of a way to do business.

I've been working in the gulf for the last several weeks and haven't kept up with the forum or I would have called you out on this before now. Total [censored] claiming a photo taken by me in 2013 is from your ranch and current!!!

Here are a few of the original photos of this deer that I took in 2013.

This deer is damn sure not for sale to hunt at Rain Creek Ranch because all these photos were taken about a 100 miles SSE of this ranch.
Posted By: don k

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 12:09 PM

I also remember this photo as being one that Roland took off the road if memory serves me correctly somewhere around the Vanderpool area.
Posted By: rtp

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 01:44 PM

Cant wait to see how this turns out. popcorn
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: rtp
Cant wait to see how this turns out. popcorn

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 02:52 PM

Mr. Baker you are 100% correct.

I was sent over 20 photos from the owner stating that they were Rain Creek photos. I had no idea until your phone call otherwise. I sincerely apologize, and everyone that knows me, knows I am the first to admit it if I make a mistake. Their is lots of outfits that steal photos and I for one am not going to be apart of that mess. I hate that this happened, because I am left here holding the target from others mistakes.

I stand by my word and reputation that in dealing with me everything is straight forward and honest.

Mr. Baker , again apologies for posting your photo.
Posted By: jhprice2

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 03:00 PM

I tried to book a hunt with R.C. this past june but things seemed to good to be true for me....them saying plenty of 35-38 inch free range axis around ......and I'm pretty sure that was the photo they sent me when asking for a live picture of axis this past June ....it was on my old phone so I don't have it anymore but it looked almost identical to the picture posted by the OP
Also when booking they sent a photo of a buck claiming to be 36...I knew the hunter personally that shot the buck and he said it was 32 or 33 at most
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 03:14 PM

Mr. Baker you are 100% correct.

I was sent over 20 photos from the owner stating that they were Rain Creek photos. I had no idea until your phone call otherwise. I sincerely apologize, and everyone that knows me, knows I am the first to admit it if I make a mistake. Their is lots of outfits that steal photos and I for one am not going to be apart of that mess. I hate that this happened, because I am left here holding the target from others mistakes.

I stand by my word and reputation that in dealing with me everything is straight forward and honest.

Mr. Baker , again apologies for posting your photo.

Lonnie after our conversation this morning I believe you and I accept your apology. I spoke with the owner of Rain Creek Ranch as well as the ranch foreman and believe the confusion was between the owner and his manager which put you in a bad spot!

Life's too short to carry around a bunch of anger so I'm thru with this matter from here out. Maybe someday we can talk about it over a campfire and a beer! Take care,Roland Baker

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 03:17 PM

jhprice2, not sure about that. I am not going to do the he said she said. I wasn't there or apart of the hunting at that point.

This I can say, there is plenty of axis running around that are 35" to 38", I know because I have personally seen them. The low fence property on the ranch I do believe have bigger axis than the high fence. Out of all the ranches I consult for, guide, and hunt, Rain Creek has monster axis!

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 03:21 PM

Lonnie
I've never been there so I'll take your word....that's a diamond in the rough to have axis of that caliber free range
Good luck and post pics if y'all harvest any

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 03:21 PM

Yes Sir, Mr. Baker, thank you!

Looking forward to haveing that beer soon.

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 03:25 PM

I will say they did offer to let anyone score the animal that was a official scorer there in town for price purposes so that is nice
Any reason why y'all didn't post pictures of the 35-38 inch bucks that are on the low fence instead of the ones that were Mr Bakers? I'm not trying to be sarcastic but it seems like with the ranch having so many pics wouldnt be a problem

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 03:29 PM

jhprice2,
I didn't believe it at first,
but after being on the ranch for a few months now,
I BELIEVE, LOL

Take care and thank you, will post all I can,

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 03:38 PM

jhprice2,

I am not 100% sure, it was in the group of photos they sent me. There was a misunderstanding between owners and manager. It was a single photo of front and back combined (Bakers Photo). All the other axis live photos are low fence.

The big axis buck standing behind the water trough, that is a Monster. Not as wide as Mr. Bakers buck, but I think a tad longer. They were not hunting axis bucks at the moment when they took that photo.

If you would like, I invite you out to ride around with me one evening so you can see what the ranch has to offer.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 03:40 PM

I applaud you Mr. Walker for owning up to the mistake. Well done, sir. Hope to see some fellow THF'ers take some of those monster axis and post here for us all to drool over.

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 06:14 PM

Thank you Kdkane,

I hate that it happened, tried to fix only way I know how, being honest.

As I had stated previously , I am waving all daily fees if you book with me before 9/30/16.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 07:45 PM

Looking forward to some new pics. The posted photo mistake to me appears to have been handled in a quick and professional way. I would take up an offer for a drive around before booking if were in my sights but will have to wait until another time.
Posted By: HansAg

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/25/16 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Elkhunter49

This photo is fantastic.

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/26/16 12:40 PM

Rain Creek Ranch, for booking contact me at 817-598-5338

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/27/16 01:27 PM

Weekend Bump ,

Doing a $5000 special on bucks up to 185".

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/30/16 12:54 PM

We are MLD 3, get booked before we are full .

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 08/31/16 02:17 PM

if your looking for a great package deal, we have them

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 09/02/16 05:19 PM

You have the ability to hunt high fence and low fence, from a few blinds. Best of both worlds, both having extremely good quality.

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 09/20/16 04:00 AM

Booking by 9/30/16 special, all daily fees waived !

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 09/25/16 02:09 PM

5 days left for booking with no daily fees, extremely good lodging, shot opportunity guaranteed.

Re: Rain Creek Ranch, Premier Whitetail and Axis Hunting ! - 10/14/16 03:20 PM

34 inches
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum