Texas Hunting Forum

Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations

Posted By: Stompy

Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/13/16 03:45 PM

My neighbor has asked me to help him book his Dove fields this year so here goes. He has a 45 and 30 acre Sunflower fields and accommodations for 16, he wants to get as close to 16 hunters as possible. You must bring your own pillow and sleeping bag or blanket. For opening weekend cost is $100 a day per person with accommodations, this is a 2 day min for opening weekend. He also has other weekends available during season and day hunts for $75 per person.

Again, these are not my fields or accommodations, they are my neighbors. Pics of House and Fields coming later today.
Send PM here if interested.

Pics of the field and House. He also has a 100 yard shooting range and a place to shoot clay birds using his thrower.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/13/16 06:30 PM

Dove pic taken 8-14-2016 to show the numbers in the area.
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/14/16 03:34 AM

aim
Looks like nice place.
Wish it was closer.!!!!

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/15/16 12:38 PM

Still wide open, has lodging and day hunts throughout the whole season. I know it has at least one pond between the fields. Fields are about 1/2 mile apart.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/16/16 10:46 AM

It's a good place guys and still available.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/17/16 01:06 PM

Still Available
Posted By: Slimpickin

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/17/16 08:08 PM

Can't believe this place is still open. Area was covered in birds last year and looks good again this year!

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/18/16 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Slimpickin
Can't believe this place is still open. Area was covered in birds last year and looks good again this year!

I think a lot of guys already have a place to hunt. If the owner had contacted me a month ago about filling his place, I'd have it filled for him by now.

Still available fellas.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/19/16 03:03 AM

Yep, if I had seen this 2 weeks ago, I could have gotten him a group of 10.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/19/16 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy
Yep, if I had seen this 2 weeks ago, I could have gotten him a group of 10.

Yea, he'd probably take 10 about now. Still wide open for the season.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/20/16 12:38 AM

Is it right next door so I an hunt your fence line bolt

Sounds like a great deal. Lots of birds around there

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/20/16 08:25 AM

Originally Posted By: huntwest
Is it right next door so I an hunt your fence line bolt

Sounds like a great deal. Lots of birds around there

North of me about 1.5 miles. Signed up 2 guys for Thur & Fri, their going to be awful lonely.
Cabin and Day hunts still available.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/21/16 02:48 PM

These birds are on my place, pic taken this morning. His place has a lot of birds too and is only 1.5 miles from me. Only 2 hunters booked so far for opening weekend. House is still empty. Lots of White Wing in the area.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/22/16 12:45 PM

Wide Open,,Don't miss out on a great hunt. elmer

He has a nice grill area too.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/23/16 02:04 PM

Looks like 3 day hunters so far. Cabin is still wide open, he said 10 minimum on the cabin.

$75 a day to hunt.
$100 a day for hunt and accommodations.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/24/16 01:07 PM

House is booked opening weekend and may be booked second weekend but still have plenty room for day hunters, $75.

House is available later in season.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/25/16 06:46 PM

House is booked first 2 weekends. House is available the rest of season and Day hunts available.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/26/16 06:18 PM

elmer

House is booked first 2 weekends. House is available the rest of season and Day hunts available.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 08/28/16 12:25 PM

TTT

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/04/16 06:19 PM

Day hunts available and the house is available for the 3rd weekend of September.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/06/16 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Stompy
Day hunts available and the house is available for the 3rd weekend of September.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/07/16 04:54 PM

Have 10 guys booked for second weekend, no one after that. $75 a day per person to hunt and $100 a day to hunt with accommodations.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/11/16 12:56 PM

Thought this weekend might have been a little slow but ending up being a pretty good one. Still birds here and the front pushed in a few more.

Cabin is open for this weekend and day hunts available. As of now no one is booked for next weekend.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/11/16 02:05 PM

I was there. Stompy, please speak with your neighbor about how to lease land. We would not have paid and hunted if we knew it was going to be like this. We have our own ranch to hunt. He had 20 or more guys in the 30 acre field since the 45 acre field was void of birds. We couldn't hunt without shooting someone. Our 6 guys got 8 birds. I got 5 of them once people left. I would not go back unless he stuck to his word of how many would be in the field. He said our group of 6 would have the 30 acres field and the group of 10 have the 45 acre one but they moved to ours before we got there. Plus others showed up. We saw birds but a dangerous situation and not a pleasant way to hunt. This is the second day lease posted here that I went on this year that was not as advertised.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/11/16 05:16 PM

Sorry to hear that, I will speak to him about this. Yea that's too many folks in the 30 acre field, not sure why he would put everyone in there. As you know I'm the booking guy and do my best to control hunter numbers. There was more than enough room for everyone if he'd used both fields.
I have a pretty good reputation for how I run my operation and I'll see if I can get him squared away because I'm not going to chance hurting my reputation.
We had good birds here this weekend at my ranch.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/11/16 05:23 PM

As fas as not as advertised, I just advertised a place to hunt. That's on him not keeping his word as far as how many in a field.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/11/16 06:43 PM

Thanks Stompy and totally understand this has nothing to do with you or your operation. I think he just wanted to please everyone that paid but it backfired. My buddy will be talking with him.
He spends too much money in his restaurant. cool

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/11/16 07:23 PM

Hopefully he learns his lesson, he's been pretty good about not over booking and spreading people out. This is the first complaint I've heard from his place and I've booked about 40 guys for him. But it's wide open now, I don't have anyone booked the rest of the season.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/16/16 06:35 PM

Just an update, we talked with him and he apologized and made it right. He will have us out again on him! He didn't mean for the other group to come to our field so this was not normal. We saw lots of birds so looking forward to getting back out there.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/16/16 08:48 PM

Good Job Txduckman of posting your update and the landowner making it right. Win-Win.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/18/16 08:42 PM

House and fields wide open next weekend. Fields will have been rested for 2 weeks. No hunters this past weekend.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/20/16 12:34 PM

Still open

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/21/16 09:21 PM

elmer Front coming in this weekend.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/23/16 01:36 AM

Up

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/25/16 12:45 PM

TTT
Posted By: zbot11

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/26/16 02:13 PM

Had a great hunt out here on Saturday morning! Two of us came home with 28 birds, which isn't too shabby!

Stompy was a great host and his neighbor's land is exactly as advertised. Full of sunflowers, unpressured, and had plenty of doves flying around until late in the morning.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/26/16 03:42 PM

Thanks Zach up

Some Northern birds are on this front, seeing more birds this morning.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/28/16 02:45 AM

Still plenty of room.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 09/29/16 06:18 PM

Up

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 10/02/16 05:01 PM

Wide open the next couple of weekends, no hunters booked. With a front coming in on Thursday we should have some Northern birds showing up. Don't miss out.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 10/03/16 09:30 PM

Wide open the next couple of weekends, no hunters booked. With a front coming in on Thursday we should have some Northern birds showing up. Don't miss out.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 10/04/16 02:26 PM

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 10/05/16 12:31 PM

Front coming in Thursday night, should be a great weekend for northern birds.

Re: Breckenridge Dove with Accommodations - 10/06/16 01:35 PM

UP
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum