Texas Hunting Forum

Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas

Posted By: Deer Hound

Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/01/16 05:52 PM

Every year we sell some hunt to offset feed cost. We are going to have some really good bucks to sell this year. This is a family ranch you will have the ranch to yourselves. Will be a fully guided hunt with meals and lodging. We will video your hunt and give you a copy of it before you leave. We have everything from Does,culls right up to 225 plus. This year going to have some two for one deals I need to get about 60 deer off the feed bill. Will take guns or scope as part of payment I can work with any budget just give me a pm if interested. Thanks Tom

Posted By: Mossman500

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/02/16 03:14 AM

Who ever hunts here will not be disappointed, hunted with Tom and enjoyed every minute. Tom will do everything to get you the deer you want, and you will see some "BIG" ones. This is a first class operation and I can not say enough good things about this ranch. Tom does grill a mean south Texas steak!!!!

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/02/16 12:25 PM

Mossman's great buck from last year don't hold me to it but I think he was 194" had some awesome mass. We are going to take several more like him this year along with a bunch of management bucks. My goal is to get about 60 deer off the ranch this year. There are no guide fees or day fees whatever we agree on as to the price of your hunt is it no addition fees. Thanks Tom
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/02/16 01:03 PM

Please post your price structure?
Thanks.
Posted By: KKS

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/02/16 01:58 PM

i'd be interested in a few turkeys

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/02/16 08:47 PM

This is a rough price break down that I go by I do not like to post prices because I want the flexibility of being able to tailor a hunt to what someone wants to spend and unless we talk some will see a price and feel like there is nothing in their price range and never make a call. It also give me a chance to meet someone and see if I want to spend time with them. I may not be pulling the trigger but I don't want to create a situation where we are not compatible and try to deal with it for several days just to try to sell a hunt and then it turns into a negative experience that put a sour taste out there. I am a very easy person to get along with. This may come back to bite me but I want us all to enjoy your time at the ranch hunting with me. I try to always under promise and over deliver. I work very hard for those that choose to come hunt with me. There are a lot of members that have hunted with me off this forum if there has been a negative experience I'm not been made aware of it. All I want is a chance to see what we might can work out.
Does 250 each
Culls 750 each
Management bucks 1500-2500
135-155 4000 each
155-175 6500 each
175- any buck on the ranch 8500 each
Posted By: Lacy1

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/02/16 08:55 PM

I sent you a pm last night. I want to get something lined up. I just need to talk to you about dates because I have 2 sons that I want to bring and have to work around school and football. Check my pm for contact info

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/03/16 02:22 AM

Yep...Under promise and over deliver, that a true fact. I couldn't remember how you put it but thats exactly what Tom said the first time I hunted with him. Me and my buddy have hunted there the past two years and killed Great bucks each time...the buck in the picture was 196.5....it had about 3 inches broke off, I told Tom I wanted a big deer, right at 200inches....thats exactly what I took home! Doesn't get better than that!

PS:Hey Tom, Austin finally got a girlfriend....
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/03/16 03:05 AM

Awesome Bucks, Good luck my Friend!

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/05/16 05:13 PM

Looks like several hunts are spoken for. Thanks for the interest still have some openings. Thanks Tom

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/16/16 03:29 PM

A few new pictures

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/20/16 06:13 PM

Going to shoot several management deer this year will be plenty to choose from.

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/21/16 08:55 PM

TTT
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/22/16 02:32 AM

Nice Bucks Deer Hound! Great Prices! Looks like a few of us had big feed bills this year!

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/22/16 03:53 PM

Yes as you well know the feed bill has been tough this its been over 7k each month. I'm sold on the DD feed.
Posted By: turkeykillet

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/22/16 05:15 PM

What do your management and culls look like? Are you MLD? Do you hunt the stags?

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/22/16 05:27 PM

PM me a email address I will send you some pictures no I'm not MLD and yes we can shoot stags
Posted By: turkeykillet

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/22/16 10:35 PM

PM sent. Thank you

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/25/16 01:48 PM

A lot of hunters asking what I call a management buck or a cull here are a few pics I tried to get what I thought was a middle of the road management bucks.
Management Bucks

Cull bucks

Thanks Tom

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/26/16 11:43 AM

TTT

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/27/16 01:05 PM

Looking for a good spotting scope someone have one they want to trade on a hunt

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/30/16 02:47 AM

See pm

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 08/31/16 03:17 PM

I want a 6x8 or 6x10 stand built will trade on a hunt PM me if your interested
Posted By: Trophy Case Taxidermy

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 09/01/16 09:42 PM

Pm sent

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 09/03/16 11:07 PM

TTT
Posted By: 94sktr

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 09/08/16 05:59 PM

pm box full

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 09/09/16 01:49 AM

Cleaned out thks for the heads up
Posted By: tgil

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 12/31/16 04:29 PM

Hunted with Tom early this week and had a great time. My daughter got her first buck with any real antlers and caught our dinner too!
Thanks for making this happen, Tom!

Posted By: Rebel986

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/01/17 05:17 PM

How big is the area hunting? I have about 4 hunters looking for management bucks pm info thanks

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/01/17 06:35 PM

You won't go wrong hunting with Tom, he will get you on good deer!!
Posted By: 2010bigdog

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/02/17 04:44 PM

Your PM box is full. Want to disucss next year ........

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/02/17 08:36 PM

Box is cleaned out. Hunted with a lot of great folks this year. Thanks
Posted By: Hankg

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/04/17 01:22 AM

Congratulations on your daughter's deer. I brought my daughter to Tom's place in Jan 2016 and had the same experience as you and your daughter. Great place to hunt. Hope to go back one day. Is that Mr Satterlee in the background of your fishing picture? He is a really nice man. They really made us feel at home on our hunt. Highly recommend Tom's place.

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/04/17 04:26 AM

We r here hunting w Tom as I type this. My nephew took a really nice cull 7, I was able to harvest a monster 7 w my bow. And still have a couple days left to get the other boys on some stuff. Tom is great, place is great. Under sell over deliver? So far so good!!! Having a blast!!!

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/07/17 10:32 PM

UPDATE we hunted w Tom this past week and I can tell you I will not book w another person! This was absolutely the best and most fun hunt I have been on! Very accommodating very personable and a beautiful place! We got exactly what we came for and more. No down time bc Tom had stuff for us to do. The fishing was a great mid day filler and a great belly filler that evening! We have already started putting $$$ away for next year. Once I figure out a date we are booking!!! Thx Tom! Kaleb
Posted By: Team Porkchop

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/07/17 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: hunttexas2kansas
We r here hunting w Tom as I type this. My nephew took a really nice cull 7, I was able to harvest a monster 7 w my bow. And still have a couple days left to get the other boys on some stuff. Tom is great, place is great. Under sell over deliver? So far so good!!! Having a blast!!!

Nice to see he is offering bow hunts now. Tom is good people.
Posted By: 2010bigdog

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/08/17 07:15 PM

Are you still hunting now? When do the hunts end?

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/08/17 07:47 PM

We hunt till the 16th

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/09/17 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Hankg
Is that Mr Satterlee in the background of your fishing picture?

Yes, it is. He and Tom make a great team.

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/09/17 07:31 PM

My hunters are stuck in Va due to weather anyone interested in a short notice hunt on a 2 bucks up to 160. Pm me we can start hunting in the morning thru Friday morning

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/09/17 10:28 PM

You killing me Tom....I gotta stay off here so my wife doesn't kill me. Somebody book this hunt before I get killed!!!

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/10/17 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Mossman500
You killing me Tom....I gotta stay off here so my wife doesn't kill me. Somebody book this hunt before I get killed!!!

I was thinking king the same thing. Lol

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/10/17 07:33 PM

I wish!

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/10/17 10:35 PM

Feeder just went off I'm sitting here thinking this would be a tough decision at least 4 or 5 160 bucks here. Oh well just taking pics for this afternoon. I really like to say Thanks to all who have hunted with us. Looking forward to you coming back
Posted By: MAP

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/11/17 04:32 AM

^^ post some of those deer pictures, we like to look at them smile

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/12/17 02:48 AM

Trust me the deer look good....some of the best I've seen and hunted!! If you like wide clean typical bucks he has them, if you like the tree trunk racks he has them too....And he's a pretty good cook also.

Re: Want to sell a few Hunts in South texas - 01/17/17 05:40 PM

I took my 13 yr old son to hunt with Tom this past weekend. We had an absolute blast. I have been on many hunts over the years and Tom is one of the best guys I have ever dealt with. Absolutely no problems nor complaints. He far far exceeded my expectations. He gave us 24/7 personal attention. Never a dull moment. He was patient with both of us and encouraged us to wait for a buck that we got really excited about. Plenty of top quality bucks to choose from. Great place to take your son/daughter/family for a memorable hunt. We are planning to go back in the fall.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum