Texas Hunting Forum

!!! Warning !!! Hunt Listing

Posted By: Wes70

!!! Warning !!! Hunt Listing - 05/13/16 06:14 PM

First I would like to apologize to anyone that booked a hunt with me. I have contacted most of you and will have your deposits back in the mail to you today or tomorrow.

So if you see a listing with Greg Lockard do not book the hunt. He is passing his lease off as his own land and allowing people and himself to book hunts on the place. He approached a friend of mine and myself about booking hunts on "his" ranch. We followed up as much as we could about this guy and everything seemed legit. We meet up with him and he even gave us business cards and a flash drive with the pics of animals killed off the place. Come to find out only one of those pics were legit. So if you see any hunts listed by Greg Lockard beware!

The real landowner called us last night asking why we were booking hunts on her property. We told her the story and she knew who Greg was and told of he is just a leaser on her property and that he did not have permission to be selling hunts on her property. Luckily we had all documentation from Greg allowing us to book hunts to prove our innocence of the situation.

I just wanted to clear the air with my name, warn people about Greg, and apologize to those that booked a hunt with me.
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: !!! Warning !!! Hunt Listing - 05/13/16 10:54 PM

Man what a bummer! I knew the owner had recently passed and his daughter took it over so thought something was up.

Re: !!! Warning !!! Hunt Listing - 05/13/16 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: mulie_mike
Man what a bummer! I knew the owner had recently passed and his daughter took it over so thought something was up.

Wish you would of said something.
Posted By: TCB

Re: !!! Warning !!! Hunt Listing - 05/14/16 02:14 AM

I booked a hunt with Lloyd via FB. We're bummed but totally get it and don't blame y'all.
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: !!! Warning !!! Hunt Listing - 05/14/16 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Wes70
Originally Posted By: mulie_mike

Wish you would of said something.

That's why I inquired about it. But none of my business though to step in. That's why now I always call the game warden first on any new properties I am offered to double confirm owner and situation.
Posted By: Mike Savoy

Re: !!! Warning !!! Hunt Listing - 05/14/16 07:17 PM

The big aoudad and mountain lion picture should of been the first clue. If it sounds too good , it normally is.

Re: !!! Warning !!! Hunt Listing - 05/15/16 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Savoy
The big aoudad and mountain lion picture should of been the first clue. If it sounds too good , it normally is.

The aoudad was legit. The lion was shot in the area just not off that ranch.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum