Texas Hunting Forum

Friocountyhunts.....TURKEYS!!!!

Posted By: Mossman500

Friocountyhunts.....TURKEYS!!!! - 03/26/16 03:24 AM

Hunted with these guys again this year.....last year it took us just 2 days to tag out. Well, it took just 7 full hours to tag out this year.....one late yesterday afternoon right after we arrived, had three strutters roll in looking for some sweet love I was speaking to them. One shot, one kill. Roosted birds right after that and put together a plan for the next day. This morning we were in place before the sun came up and only 75 yards from the roost. A few clucks and the woods roared to life.....must have heard 8-10 toms gobbling. We had 3 jakes, 4 hens and 2 toms right in front of us in a matter of a few seconds. Dropped the hammer on a true limb hanger, 1.5 inch spurs with a 10 inch beard. Moved to the other end of the field and called once and heard a gobble...after a quick set up, we had number three on the ground....1 inch spurs and a 10.25 inch beard. We then picked up and moved to the next field and I called just once and had two on us almost before getting set.....well I had to miss sometime and this was it.....clean miss and a slice of humble pie! Off to the other side of the ranch, we approached a feeder and saw 7-8 turkey around that spooked off.....so we walked over and heard a gobble.....a quick set up with decoys and I was just pulling on my mask when he popped out the other end of the clearing. I had not called to him yet and he was rolling in hard!!! A couple soft clucks and he was committed....I drew down and it was over, 4 birds in just 7 hours...11.75 inch beard and 1.25 inch spurs. A big Thank you to Brian and his dad for having us back out this year to hunt, looking forward to doing it again!
Posted By: Tophers

Re: Friocountyhunts.....TURKEYS!!!! - 03/27/16 12:26 AM

Awesome hunt.
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Friocountyhunts.....TURKEYS!!!! - 03/29/16 03:11 AM

worthless

Re: Friocountyhunts.....TURKEYS!!!! - 03/29/16 05:12 AM

I know...I'm working on it...lol
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Friocountyhunts.....TURKEYS!!!! - 03/29/16 11:47 PM

clap
Posted By: Frio County Hunts

Re: Friocountyhunts.....TURKEYS!!!! - 03/30/16 01:52 AM

Here are some pics! I am sorry about them being sideways, the computer won this battle. Congrats on the birds Mossman!

Re: Friocountyhunts.....TURKEYS!!!! - 03/30/16 03:20 AM

One of the very best hunts I have ever been on....
Posted By: SCHU

Re: Friocountyhunts.....TURKEYS!!!! - 03/31/16 04:41 PM

Beautiful birds there guys! Congrats,Mossman. grin
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Friocountyhunts.....TURKEYS!!!! - 04/01/16 02:17 AM

clap
Awesome..and thanks for the pictures.. smile
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum