Texas Hunting Forum

Need management/borderline trophy Whitetail hunt SouthTexas/hill country

Posted By: TOO

Need management/borderline trophy Whitetail hunt SouthTexas/hill country - 03/08/16 07:59 PM

Hi folks, kinda a unique situation here for us. Our current business focus has us dealing with only limited individual hunters, but we have one carryover hunter looking for a border-line trophy or more likely, management whitetail hunt.
His criteria
* South Texas/Hill country so lets say from south of TX29, and limit to 3 hours from San Antonio where he lives. So anything south, west or east for 2-3 hours and north to TX29'ish.
* Wants to keep it to $2,000 or less overall for hunt
* wheelchair accessible/workable he uses a wheelchair but can walk short distances
* lodging/meals preferred but not a deal breaker
* allow wife to assist on getting him when hunting, getting into and from blind mostly. She will not hunt.
* MLD, high fence, small acreage all fine with him. If TxPWD legal then hunt is fine.
* 120-130'ish bucks certainly acceptable, higher scoring OK obviously.
* Mature cull buck acceptable,
* he shoots well, just can't walk far and is limited stamina-wise, hunted south Texas many years
* Cost is his bigger factor not buck size

Couple points I'm putting out there coming from us.
* This is probably his last hunt.
* He will live for this hunt & will communicate with the hunting operation/outfitter often via email. This is why he wants a hunt locked down soon.
* All options will be considered for him, and will run through us first. Most likely hunter will do direct booking and final decision making.
* Not expecting any special treatment but hope that a couple hunt operations have a few bucks around that meet his criteria.
* As mentioned our business criteria has changed but we're taking care of an ole Mossyhorn from way back one last time if possible.

Operations that have the ability to make this hunt happen and want to get a spot locked up, please contact us at the info below. Call, text, or email as you wish.

Appreciate it,
Willie
too@outdoorstexas.com
Texas Outdoor Organizers
Posted By: don k

Re: Need management/borderline trophy Whitetail hunt SouthTexas/hill country - 03/09/16 12:19 AM

I do not have any 120" plus Bucks. But he will see Bucks. There is a cabin they can stay in. No shower but it does have a flushing toilet. A stove for cooking and one of the best views in the hill country. I have a ground blind that is 4'X 8' that they can both sit in. I do not have a WT Buck that will cost near $2000. He can shoot any Buck he wants but no Ibex. I will take them to the stand and gut the Deer if he wants. I am about 3 miles out of Bandera.
Posted By: TOO

Re: Need management/borderline trophy Whitetail hunt SouthTexas/hill country - 03/22/16 03:22 PM

don k, sorry for not answering you earlier, just real busy. I will call assuming the Ibex www number reaches you.
With his condition you'll probably be a great fit and within his expectations. He just wants to hunt and do what he's done for many years once more,(most likely)

Hoped to edit OP, but can't. Want to clarify, not looking for a Trophy hunt, but any type of mature buck would be a great focus for him.
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Need management/borderline trophy Whitetail hunt SouthTexas/hill country - 03/22/16 04:14 PM

I have some management buck hunts just outside of Sonora Texas where there is a high deer population, turkey, Axis, and black buck free
ranging so plenty to see while out in the field.

Nice little cabin to stay in with shower, kitchen, outside hang out area and close to town.

Management 8 points will average 115" to mid 130s.

If you think this will work send me a PM. Thanks
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum