Texas Hunting Forum

Javelina

Posted By: Dalep

Javelina - 02/03/16 03:18 AM

Long story short, I hunted Texas for the first time last year for javelina on a DIY hunt on a friends land and struck out. I did hit up a ranch and shoot a good ram so wasn't a terrible trip. I looove pig hunting and as soon as I found out about javelina I knew I wanted one (or two). That desire is even worst now and I'm determined to find a good outfitter/hunt this year for one.

Currently looking at April/may unless that's a bad time for them. I went in October last year and wasn't too hot but I was unsuccessful. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Hoping to tie in a hog hunt also but Javelina is by far the focus

Thanks
Dale
Posted By: esnow74

Re: Javelina - 02/03/16 04:15 AM

Plenty offered by the outfitters on here, I have yet to do one but will with my wife and others next year.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Javelina - 02/03/16 04:24 AM

welcome

There are plenty of good outfitters on here that can get you a javelina. Chances are, you can get a chance at a combo hog/javi hunt for a reasonable price. Alot of the larger ranches in South Texas offer weekend hunts for both at a reasonable rate. We go each year for the weekend and it is around $400 for 4 nights/3 days.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Javelina - 02/03/16 04:30 AM

Give mule mike on here a shout. He'll take good care of you.

https://sites.google.com/site/westtexashuntingorg/javelina-1

Re: Javelina - 02/04/16 02:16 AM

I will message mule mike. Thank you very much.

Was hoping to get input from folks that have actually hunted with the different guides. Also, is May to late in the year?
Posted By: nyalubwe

Re: Javelina - 02/04/16 11:26 PM

I killed one in May with mule Mike 2 years ago....

Re: Javelina - 02/04/16 11:54 PM

Awesome, thank you!
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Javelina - 02/05/16 04:28 AM

I have a place that has quite a few, South Tx near Beeville, Tx. $675 Meals/ Lodging Included. 2 javelina

Haiden Mensik
(361)-449-5957

Re: Javelina - 02/05/16 12:44 PM

Stxho, I've called and left messages twice and emailed twice over the last couple weeks with no response. Assumed you didn't have any javelina hunts open
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Javelina - 02/05/16 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Dalep
Stxho, I've called and left messages twice and emailed twice over the last couple weeks with no response. Assumed you didn't have any javelina hunts open

PM me your number I do not remember your call or email. This time of year is nuts and things can easily slip by in the chaos.

I apologize for that (361)-449-5957
Posted By: Adam Cook

Re: Javelina - 02/05/16 08:54 PM

Call Mike McKinney, 915-328-0645. We hunted javis with him last December.
4 guys and we killed 8 javelina. We had a great time.

Re: Javelina - 02/06/16 12:47 AM

Thank you Adam!
Posted By: texbuck

Re: Javelina - 02/09/16 04:54 AM

I have some Javelina hunts in Webb County, Texas.

Let me know if you need more information.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum