Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for an aoudad hunt this Spring

Posted By: Capt.JVH

Looking for an aoudad hunt this Spring - 11/09/15 01:33 AM

My wife and I are having our 10 year wedding anniversary this April. As my anniversary present she is finally letting me book an aoudad hunt and she would like to come with not to hunt but to hang out in camp and be part of it. This is all very preliminary. I just wanted to see what was available for free range west Texas hunts that time of year and prices for one hunter and a guest. We would need lodging, not a cheap hotel but also don't need anything real swanky. I don't mind working hard for a good ram, actually I would prefer a physical hunt over sitting in a blind. I would also consider a hill country ram as long as it is free range and a good hunt. Thanks in advance for any advice or leads on who to contact. Feel free to PM me on here.
John
Posted By: Lazyman

Re: Looking for an aoudad hunt this Spring - 11/09/15 02:33 AM

Mulie mike for west Texas. He has plenty of pics to look at on the forum.
Posted By: 7x57

Re: Looking for an aoudad hunt this Spring - 11/09/15 03:33 AM

Mike for free range action.
Posted By: WildMatt

Re: Looking for an aoudad hunt this Spring - 11/10/15 05:32 PM

Sent you a PM

Re: Looking for an aoudad hunt this Spring - 11/10/15 07:36 PM

thanks for the replies and pms guys. I have a lot of info to look into now. I appreciate it!
Posted By: Dadsaid

Re: Looking for an aoudad hunt this Spring - 11/11/15 02:35 AM

Mulie Mike
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Looking for an aoudad hunt this Spring - 11/11/15 03:10 AM

Mulie Mike for sure.
The best part of hunting Aoudad hunting the big country they live in. The areas that Mike hunts are some of the most rugged and beautiful places in Texas. Few trees, huge canyons, mountains and caves that require lots of glassing and mid to long range shots. The places he hunts or as close to the original ranges of these animals in North Africa.
Nothing against other areas but he hunts true desert mountain sheep country.
Posted By: Caza Hispanica

Re: Looking for an aoudad hunt this Spring - 11/12/15 08:36 AM

I think it would be great to hunt Aoudad in Spain, Free range and mountainous areas in Spain, a great trip for anniversaries, especially for your wife, she would love it here, but the hunting season for the Barbary Sheep in Spain ends in February and doesnīt open again until October...
The Spanish Ibex is another great hunt and you can hunt in April wink
clap

Re: Looking for an aoudad hunt this Spring - 11/12/15 02:47 PM

Caza, you have my attention! pm inbound
Posted By: Caza Hispanica

Re: Looking for an aoudad hunt this Spring - 11/13/15 01:02 PM

Thatīs great! I just replied. Just to help you decide I will drop here a picture of the Ibex... wink wink
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum