Texas Hunting Forum

Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX

Posted By: amledyard

Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 12/04/11 03:37 PM

I am awfully positive that this buck was shot youth weekend by a young kid hunting to the North of us ( less than a mile). Buck had more impressive rack in 2010 as this pic shows.

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 12/04/11 03:45 PM

Persimmon Springs Ranch- If you are looking for a good ,cold weather hunt, then look no further. We have lodging, select meals, and excellent hunting. Supposed to be sleeting or snowing in Archer County. We welcome this type of weather because it really makes for some exciting hunting. Great opportunity to harvest a 140"-160" buck on low fence ranch with NO ADDITIONAL TROPHY FEES.
Cost will be $800 and NO TROPHY FEES!! 2-Day Hunt!!
Semi-guided. Transportation provided on 1100 acre ranch.
$1200 for a fully guided hunt.
Call Aaron at 940-224-1938

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 12/04/11 03:47 PM

Nice 135" , 10-pointer. He was 4.5 years of age and just an 1 1/2" of horn deduction.

Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 12/04/11 09:56 PM

Aaron

Will give you a buzz tomorrow.

Merc

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 12/05/11 03:33 PM

TTT

Posted By: Clay Reid

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 12/07/11 12:17 AM

Nice deer .

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 12/13/11 01:56 AM

Still looking for a couple of bow hunters for this weekend.

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 12/13/11 03:59 PM

Heck, we would take rifle hunters this weekend. No bucks have been harvested. There has been very little pressure on these deer for many years. We have only had 3 other hunters out this year, 2 bowhunters and 1 rifle hunter. So far, only 1 doe has been harvested. All hunters told me that they want to book for the future. Hunting on Persimmon Springs is the ultimate in fair-chase hunting. Theodore Roosevelt hunted it horseback and we have a hunting cabin that was once a late 1800's schoolhouse. Oh and we happen to have some Good deer hunting. Call Aaron at 940-224-1938.

Posted By: pnfireman

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 12/13/11 07:31 PM

Thanks for all the info Aaron. I'm looking forward to a great hunt!! AND posting some great pics as well.

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 12/16/11 02:14 AM

Took a NICE 8pt this morning about 7:00. Incredible story. Posted it under this section of the forum.

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 12/17/11 11:53 AM

Forgot to say this was on the Persimmon Spring Ranch. Here's the two brothers who own and run the ranch posing with my buck. I was compensated for my publicity photos. roflmao

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 10/30/12 01:10 AM

Cost is $1200 this year for a shot at Trophy Buck. Lodging, select meals, and transportation on ranch are included. $1500 for fully guided hunt.
We offer quality whitetail hunting just 2 Hrs. West of DFW metroplex. Persimmon Springs Ranch offers hunting on 1100 acres of prime deer county. Excellent quail hunting as well but we will save that for a different post. Call for more details: 940-224-1938
Posted By: Armalite260

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 10/30/12 02:39 AM

bounce

I'd be interested in something like this.

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 10/30/12 07:55 PM

Still looking for someone to grab this opening weekend hunting spot. It should be a good one. Youth hunter saw 30 deer and missed an 8-pointer. He is hooked and his dad is bringing him back for more in a couple of weeks. We donated this youth hunt to the DeerFest event in Wichita Falls. Monies go to Adopt-A -Box program to raise money for school supplies, clothes, and other essentials.
Anyway, this is the only weekend we have open in November so someone needs to take advantage.

Aaron Ledyard
940-224-1938

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 10/31/12 01:59 PM

November Hunts booked up! Thanks Texas Hunting Forum.
Still looking for hunters for the month of December. I will be posting pics of hunts throughout the season.
Posted By: 12thman

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 10/31/12 04:17 PM

is the ranch MLD?
what are the bow set-ups like? ground blind, tripod, tree?
what is included in the hunt, does?
Posted By: WCI

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 10/31/12 06:40 PM

I hunted with Aaron and his brother last year. Pretty good folks. Good ground with plenty of potential. We saw a couple of does and a young buck but no shooters. They were just getting going good with bow only. I am sure there are some good ones there but as luck would have it we did not have a chance at them. Lodging is in an old school house that was redone. i would hunt there again.

Michael

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 11/06/12 05:19 PM

Have a few weekends open in December. Call Aaron if interested.

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 11/26/12 03:07 PM

Great DayTime Hunting for Trophy Bucks.
The next couple of days with the help of the Full Moon should great great hunting out in Archer County. Stalking and rattling would be the way to hunt our 1100 acre game ranch. We offer hunts for $1200. Call 940-224-1938. Will have 2012 pics posted soon.

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 11/30/12 03:03 AM

Booked Up! Thanks THF.
Posted By: Bird Bum

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 02/18/18 10:06 PM

Are quail hunts avaiable on the ranch? Thanks. BirdBum
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Trophy Buck Hunts- Persimmon Springs Ranch- Archer Co, TX - 02/19/18 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Bird Bum
Are quail hunts avaiable on the ranch? Thanks. BirdBum
You revived a thread from 2012...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum