Texas Hunting Forum

Sunny afternoon issue

Posted By: WatersFowler

Sunny afternoon issue - 04/02/18 02:43 AM

Hey guys,

Build a really nice blind a couple of years ago and have been plagued by the bright afternoon sun of a southwest view. The blind features the deerview windows that swing inward. I wanted to get some ideas of how a sun visor could be built onto an existing blind. Anyone have any pics of this idea or experience fighting this issue? It is a great stand location, but the afternoon sun basically eliminates it from the afternoon rotation unless we are overcast. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: noxqses

Re: Sunny afternoon issue - 04/03/18 09:13 PM

Would a good pair of polarized sun glasses help?
Posted By: YellowDog

Re: Sunny afternoon issue - 04/05/18 07:51 PM

find a cheap pull down window shade
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Sunny afternoon issue - 04/05/18 08:35 PM

I don't ever look out the back windows in my 4x8 blind so I went to Walmart and bought 2 6'x3' black curtains. I then put some hooks on the back wall and hung the curtain up lengthwise. Blocks out the sun and also keeps me from getting light up from behind in the blind. Only downside is that occasionally the mud-daubers will put a nest on the curtain. However, the mud peels off easily enough.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Sunny afternoon issue - 04/06/18 02:39 AM

Move your blind clap
Posted By: Cajunrotor

Re: Sunny afternoon issue - 04/06/18 04:09 PM

Probably not practical to relocate your blind, but this is exactly why I try to place my stands/blinds on the South side of my target hunting area. This will prevent the sun from being directly in my eyes either morning or evening. Not perfect and not always doable, either.

BTW, Same goes for positioning of gamecams.
Posted By: noxqses

Re: Sunny afternoon issue - 04/06/18 04:14 PM

Solar eclipse glasses.
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Sunny afternoon issue - 04/06/18 07:46 PM

I used some camo material and stick pins.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Sunny afternoon issue - 04/08/18 03:30 PM

My wife had some old dark blue sheets. I just cut out a piece and hung it on some hooks across the window.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Sunny afternoon issue - 04/10/18 01:52 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum