Texas Hunting Forum

Eliminator plate issues

Posted By: bholt

Eliminator plate issues - 04/15/17 12:50 PM

For those of you who love the elimnator plate and like me who wanted to do away with a cage around my FCU, think twice. Below is a picture of a eliminator installed, and after 10 days went back to check on. All I can think of is a big boar coon. broke this thing. I have sent pictures to the company with no response so far. I am not saying they are bad, but apparently coons are badder.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Eliminator plate issues - 04/15/17 03:17 PM

I hate them, thrown the plastic slide out of all of them.
Posted By: bholt

Re: Eliminator plate issues - 04/15/17 04:27 PM

Looks as though this one is missing also.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Eliminator plate issues - 04/17/17 01:37 PM

That is a new one on me. I have seen them fail from the bushing being tossed, but never like that. Must be some bad mother coons.

We have had good luck with them. Got 11 running full time, many are 4+ years old.

BHolt, for what it's worth I have never had a problem swapping one out that broke. New replacement, no questions asked, at any dealer that carries them.
Posted By: spg

Re: Eliminator plate issues - 04/17/17 06:51 PM

Been having one a road feeder for five years with no issues.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Eliminator plate issues - 04/19/17 07:52 PM

Had one that was defective which Lyssey & Echols replaced with no question. Then that one stopped working due to not having any lubrication. I sprayed it with white lithium grease and all is well.
Posted By: Western

Re: Eliminator plate issues - 04/21/17 10:18 AM

Bought mine from Kevin (TxAg) 3-4 years ago, put marine 2-4-c grease on it and has been flawless. Dust gets thick due to the grease and I don't think a large coon has ever got to it though.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum