Texas Hunting Forum

All Seasons Feeders?

Posted By: TxRedhawk

All Seasons Feeders? - 02/08/17 01:07 AM

Planning on going to buy a stand and fill feeder this weekend and have been considering the 600# ASF. Anyone had any experience with the brand? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/08/17 01:28 AM

Solid, reliable feeders. I believe you'd be happy with the Stand N' Fill 600. I've sold a bunch and all my customers have been very happy with their purchase.

One nice upgrade is to add an Eliminator spin plate. That will really cut down on the feed that winds up directly under the feeder.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/08/17 01:41 AM

I used an All Seasons feeder for 10 years and never had a problem. I recommend the eliminator as well.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/08/17 02:23 AM

Might look at the lamco to compare
Posted By: WTN

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/08/17 02:06 PM

Good feeders. Mummie's has the cheapest price I've found at $559 but some other feed stores will price match.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/08/17 05:24 PM

I've been running the 600# ASF for a few years now with 0 issues.
I did add the Eliminator spin plate and I have no wasted corn.

Stand and fill feeders are the only way to go up
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/08/17 06:56 PM

Running 2 of them for 3 or 4 yrs now. Great feeders.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/08/17 07:11 PM

Love ours, plan on getting more. Bulverde feed sells them for 530 OTD.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/09/17 12:19 AM

I have 4... The newer ones need a additional screw mount for the solar panel conduit..They only have one half way between the box and cage.. raccoons made quick work of pulling and ripping out the solar panel line in a matter of weeks....
Posted By: lubbockdave

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/09/17 01:44 AM

tag
Posted By: WTN

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/09/17 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: easton1025
I have 4... The newer ones need a additional screw mount for the solar panel conduit..They only have one half way between the box and cage.. raccoons made quick work of pulling and ripping out the solar panel line in a matter of weeks....

Same thing here. We ended up wiring the cable to the box and then the cage.
Posted By: cummins77

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/09/17 05:30 PM

Sorry about that easton1025, we will get that issue fixed immediately. I will make sure two solar clips are added on all new production. can you PM me an address to send you something.
Posted By: vanguard

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/15/17 11:27 AM

make sure you clean them regularly, the design of the container makes it work without a funnel, however the corn at the bottom never gets sent out and just sits there and molds and mildews, i cleaned mine out this year but looks like i let it sit to long, that corn at the bottom actually rusted out the feeder, it has a few years left in it though, probably got 15 years out of them, can ask for much more i guess.
Posted By: 338ultra

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/15/17 12:15 PM

I've got 10 of the All Seasons stand and fills and 3 of the 2000# taller ones for flood areas. All of them have The Timer in them. That is the only complaint I have. The Timer has Some Issues. I've replaced everyone of them at least once. The bad thing is when they go haywire and keep slinging they will throw out every kernel of corn in the feeders and keep going until they smoke the battery. I'm sure it probably doesn't help the motor running like that either. On the other end of the spectrum I've had The Timer lockup and not throw at all. That's frustrating when you climb up in your tree stand in the morning and the feeder never goes off. You go check it and the screens blank and you think you already have a dead battery after a week. Replace the battery to discover it's The Timer. Supposedly the maker of The Timer knows they have issues and are fixing them. I'll be glad when they do because it's sickening to have an entire feeder full of corn on the ground and the motor still buzzing when you walk up on your feeder.

Other than The Timer All Seasons makes fantastic stuff. I have several of their large protein feeders and some of the smaller 300lb corn feeders. One I've had for 10 years and just replaced the whole spinner box last weekend. Don't think I would have had to do that had it not been for coons repeated abuse for 10 years.
Posted By: Kelly G.

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 02/23/17 02:58 AM

I have 2 of the 600# stand and fills. They are great. I would buy the same thing again if set up another area.

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 03/02/17 02:34 AM

Vanguard your talking about the old 300 broadcast right? not the 600 stand fill
Posted By: vanguard

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 03/02/17 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: cummins77
Vanguard your talking about the old 300 broadcast right? not the 600 stand fill

yes, but isnt the design the same

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 04/03/17 11:43 PM

No sir these funnels empty out completely.
Posted By: Dropp-243

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 04/12/17 09:24 PM

tag
Posted By: JP4065

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 04/18/17 11:10 AM

I have 4 of the 600 lb stand and fills for two years now, no problems other than the coons pulled the wire loose from the solar panel. I added another wire tie and its all good.I would add the corn shields to them especially if you dont have your feeders fenced in.
I do own one of their 600 lb electric protein feeders and have two complaints with it. First, you cannot clean the drop chutes out when protein becomes damp and cakes up, there should be an access panel to them. Second, I noticed that mature deer have to turn their bodies sideways and angle their head to access the protein, in other words they have to work for the protein. I elevated the feeder three inches and it does help but fawns and yearlings struggle with it. I still get more traffic to the drop tube style.
Posted By: txh

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 04/22/17 04:44 AM

Anyone had an issue with All Seasons gravity protein feeders leaking all of the protein out of the feeder, creating a big pile of feed under it?

Re: All Seasons Feeders? - 04/23/17 02:44 PM

TXH, Try lowing the baffles inside the head to only a 1" gap. If it is too far open protein will flow out to the ends and the animals knock it down when they eat. You want the feed to naturally fall into the feeding plate about 1" from the edge.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum