Texas Hunting Forum

My new blind

Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

My new blind - 01/18/17 10:04 PM

It was a fun but time-consuming job. I think it turned out well? Spent a couple of evenings in it thus far and it has stayed pretty warm and very dry.

Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: My new blind - 01/18/17 10:18 PM

Ground blind only, right. Hate to try to put up on elevated stand. Bullet proof.
Posted By: mustafa

Re: My new blind - 01/18/17 10:30 PM

Ive been thinking of doing the same thing with an enclosed trailer.
Posted By: mustafa

Re: My new blind - 01/18/17 10:31 PM

did you just liquid nails everything?
Posted By: passthru

Re: My new blind - 01/19/17 12:48 AM

No wonder it was so hard with it laying on it's side like that.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: My new blind - 01/19/17 12:46 PM

Great idea!!!

Re: My new blind - 01/19/17 04:40 PM

Yes Mustafa - used liquid nails for the foamboard, but 3M spray for the carpet laying on top of the foamboard. Passthru - it would have been easier to do the ceiling when laying on its side. smile And yes Dalee - ground blind only. Put some landscaping timbers under it to give the floor more support as well. The box was $105 through an auction. The windows were by far the most expensive piece, but I really like them.
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: My new blind - 01/19/17 07:25 PM

cheers
Posted By: Western

Re: My new blind - 01/19/17 08:49 PM

Great re-use of a container! up Just don't get all PO'd when you show up and it is surrounded with bags of cloths and 2-3 old nassy mattresses grin
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: My new blind - 01/19/17 09:04 PM

Very well done. Good hunting.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: My new blind - 01/19/17 09:26 PM

Ought to serve you well and good job thinking "outside the box."

Re: My new blind - 01/19/17 10:44 PM

the biggest disappointment was cutting the lock off (remember, I bought it at a City auction) - a real Geraldo moment - and finding 1 bad of donated clothes and about 87 fast food trash bags. hammer

I'm just hoping someone else can benefit form the idea - a really quality blind for not much money.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: My new blind - 01/19/17 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: bassfishinglawyer
the biggest disappointment was cutting the lock off (remember, I bought it at a City auction) - a real Geraldo moment - and finding 1 bad of donated clothes and about 87 fast food trash bags. hammer

I'm just hoping someone else can benefit form the idea - a really quality blind for not much money.

What was the auction? Although, I don't know why I'm asking. After buying several of our kids used cars at auction, my bed companion has banned me from attending them.
Posted By: CollinCountyCab

Re: My new blind - 01/19/17 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner

What was the auction? Although, I don't know why I'm asking. After buying several of our kids used cars at auction, my bed companion has banned me from attending them.

"bed companion".....love it. Called my wife that moments ago. She asked what site are you getting this [censored] from?....
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: My new blind - 01/20/17 02:18 AM

Bed companion- dog, cat, lizards, snake, rats whatever even guns. confused2

Re: My new blind - 01/20/17 03:02 PM

renebates.com
Posted By: Reydonpete

Re: My new blind - 03/04/17 11:33 PM

Great job
It looks great
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: My new blind - 05/29/17 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: tdecker22
cheers
Posted By: TiggerV

Re: My new blind - 06/14/17 08:26 PM

Brilliant......

Building a repurposed blind myself.
Posted By: J_Cham13

Re: My new blind - 08/09/17 03:09 PM

grin grin grin
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum