Texas Hunting Forum

FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown

Posted By: mustafa

FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/10/17 04:37 AM

Spoke with a lamco rep. He said they corn throws out .3 lbs per second, and the protein throws out around 75 lbs per second. I'm upgrading all my feeders to 1k lb and wanted to know how long feed would last.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/10/17 04:41 AM

Corn will last 3,333 seconds and protein will last a little over 13 seconds....you sure that the protein throws out a bag and half in a second?

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/10/17 02:15 PM

I forgot the .
Posted By: titan2232

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/10/17 08:45 PM

Not sure of my 12 volt battery amp, but my Lamco throws almost dead nut 1 lb per second with my gap set at 1/2 inch.

Test throw it a few times and weigh what's in the trough.
up

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/11/17 04:57 AM

Is this protein?

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/11/17 02:23 PM

Yes sir.

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/11/17 02:27 PM

I'm picking protein feeder up next weekend. Ill probably just go with however lamco set it up. Did you have to change height when you filled it? Thanks
Originally Posted By: titan2232
Yes sir.

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/11/17 02:28 PM

About how many pounds to you feed each time it throws? Wish my distributor had 1500 lb in stock and kind of leery of 800lb and having to fill it all the time.
Yes sir.
Posted By: rickym

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/11/17 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: mustafa
About how many pounds to you feed each time it throws? Wish my distributor had 1500 lb in stock and kind of leery of 800lb and having to fill it all the time.
Yes sir.

When it comes to protein, having a feeder that'll hold almost double is worth searching around for. If you get the 800lb you'll be kickin yourself for a long time

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/11/17 05:32 PM

kind of what I was thinking. The deer in my area really like the corn/soy bean mix and have a 1k feed for that already, and just wanted to add the pellets out of the other feeder.

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/11/17 05:37 PM

I'm more concerned with having something I can fill from the ground. I'm not old, but I am prone to falling. May just buy 2 of the 800 feeders since I can fill those from the ground.

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/11/17 06:05 PM

My 1500# feeder will hold 33 1/2 bags so I plan on throwing ten pounds twice a day (11 pm and 3 am)

Filling this weekend so it'll last me until I go back in March to look for sheds.

If I remember correctly the deer ate an average of 25 lbs a day when I had a free choice feeder up, but I have cut it back to 15 lbs a day on a yearly average.

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/11/17 06:54 PM

kind of what I was thinking. The deer in my area really like the corn/soy bean mix and have a 1k feed for that already, and just wanted to add the pellets out of the other feeder.

Kinda pizzin in the wind with the corn/soy bean mix IMO unless you're getting it at a very good price. Record Rack 20% and the roasted soy bean is the same price where I buy.

2cents

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/11/17 08:01 PM

They make it in McKinney so get it for $8.50 a bag

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/11/17 08:02 PM

corn ans soybean. going to throw it, and pelletes

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/11/17 08:51 PM

They'll step and crap all over the corn/soy bean once the protein starts flowing up
Posted By: reeder05

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/12/17 12:15 AM

So are we sayingoing .3 lbs per second with corn and .75 lbs per second with Protien?

Any body have any detailed pics of these feeders? Lamcos website is pretty vague and Google search did not yeild much..

Thanks?
Posted By: JROD

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/12/17 02:20 AM

I have 5 of these that we have out for the sheep. They all average around .5 pounds per second with the sheep protein. which should be the same size as deer pellets. I bought a cheap kitchen scale and held a feed bucket over the spinner and ran for 10 and 20 seconds. Then dumped bucket onto scale bowl. Works out accurate enough where I can set reminder on phone to fill feeders.

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/12/17 02:39 AM

The protein feeder is difft from corn feeder.http://www.lamcofeeders.com/products/details/timed-trough-protein-feeder-800-lb-capacity Is proteing I have and here's corn

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/12/17 02:39 AM

http://www.lamcofeeders.com/products/details/1000-lb.-low-throw-corn-feeder
Posted By: reeder05

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/12/17 03:33 AM

Yah sorry.. I was talking about the trough-protien feeder.. I'll start another thread.

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/12/17 03:53 AM

Hey bud the trough is like what I linked
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/13/17 01:34 PM

I have a 500lb trough at a buddies place in Hill country.
And we have a bunch of the lowboy 600 and 1000 on our lease.

What do you want to know. If you get trough make sure and get rain sensor. The corn low boy are pretty much bullet proof and no issues in two seasons.

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/13/17 02:58 PM

I have 1k low and throw. How long you throw, and how often do you have to fill. Bought a 1500lb trough. Just wondering how long food will last
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

I have a 500lb trough at a buddies place in Hill country.
And we have a bunch of the lowboy 600 and 1000 on our lease.

What do you want to know. If you get trough make sure and get rain sensor. The corn low boy are pretty much bullet proof and no issues in two seasons.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/15/17 07:33 PM

Spin a second in a plastic bag and then measure it with your portable weed scales, duh

Re: FYI feed time on lamco and how much is thrown - 01/15/17 09:03 PM

That easy do on trough but hard to do on low throw
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Spin a second in a plastic bag and then measure it with your portable weed scales, duh
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum