Texas Hunting Forum

Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder

Posted By: Uncleboo

Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/15/16 09:39 PM

Is there a market out there for a "True" Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/15/16 09:42 PM

Not since the Eliminator plate came along.

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/15/16 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

But what about when the eliminator plate fails. I've heard that they need regular maintenance or they will lock in the open position, that they get gunked up over time, and also if you are only using a 6V motor, you don't have an option for the eliminator plate.
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/15/16 10:07 PM

I would not buy one, varmint cage is $25.00, that's all you need.
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/15/16 10:48 PM

Sure...... as long as the price is within reason. Otherwise those other options work better for most people.

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/16/16 02:17 PM

I have a concept of one that I am working on, that should be 100% foolproof. It can be catered to 6V or 12V, without issue. I don't know what the price point would be yet, but it should be fairly competitive with standard spincast feeders.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/17/16 02:41 AM

biggee fan of the two plates like lamco and judge.

I have hell with the plastic gusset piping out on the eliminator plates
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/17/16 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Uncleboo

But what about when the eliminator plate fails. I've heard that they need regular maintenance or they will lock in the open position, that they get gunked up over time, and also if you are only using a 6V motor, you don't have an option for the eliminator plate.

Never had a issue if installed correctly, I have to increase the sling time due to the volume..
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/17/16 04:14 PM

We have 11 Eliminator plates running currently year round. They don't get any more maintenance than a quick spray of lithium grease twice per year, and occasionally cleaning out stuck corn from the spring.

With that said, if you think you've got a better mouse trap, come on with it.
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/17/16 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Never had a issue if installed correctly, I have to increase the sling time due to the volume..

your do your timers go up to 10 minutes? you gotta be using Marine batteries to keep those motors slinging roflmao
Posted By: Western

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/17/16 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: BuckRage

your do your timers go up to 10 minutes? you gotta be using Marine batteries to keep those motors slinging roflmao

Probably wired to the grid, have you seen all the stuff he has to feed! Coons, goats and turkey can put it down grin

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/17/16 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: BuckRage

Posted By: Limit Extender

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/17/16 09:45 PM

troll

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/18/16 04:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Limit Extender

troll

How many eliminator plates you run there water waddles...

Remember... Talking feeders not ducks roflmao
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Coon/Varmint Proof Spincast Feeder - 11/20/16 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
I would not buy one, varmint cage is $25.00, that's all you need.

Yup. Properly installed, varmint cages work perfectly. Been using 'em for almost 30 years.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum