Texas Hunting Forum

tripod or bi pod recommendations please

Posted By: Son of a Blitch

tripod or bi pod recommendations please - 11/07/16 04:26 PM

I like to walk around and check different areas on our property out when hunting. In year's past, I have snuck up on some hogs and deer and taken off my backpack to use as a rest to take a sure shot. I'm thinking of starting to take a tripod or bipod with me this season - one that has telescoping legs that I can attach to my pack or even carry...looking to see what you all have used and which product(s) is a reliable one. Went to amazon to read about some reviews and some are hit and miss as far as reliability. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
~George
Posted By: tlk

Re: tripod or bi pod recommendations please - 11/07/16 04:30 PM

I have used a bipod for years - I would rather shoot off of it than a rest.

I like bipods because they are attached to the rifle and I don't have to carry around separately - they are also easy to detach -

Cabelas, Academy, etc all have them - I suggest the one that have several heights so you can shoot prone or sitting
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: tripod or bi pod recommendations please - 11/07/16 04:42 PM

OK - so did a quick search on attached bipods and seeing some good info on some Harris ones that attached to the sling attachment point. Thinking of going this route now.
I like the idea of being able to have a 24-27" heights, for ducking down and taking a kneeling or sitting shot. Brands/models anyone has used and liked?
Posted By: tlk

Re: tripod or bi pod recommendations please - 11/07/16 06:27 PM

I have used Harris and like them
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: tripod or bi pod recommendations please - 11/07/16 07:09 PM

Kopfjager Industries is the only way to go up
Posted By: redchevy

Re: tripod or bi pod recommendations please - 11/07/16 07:32 PM

I went cheap and bought a Caldwell bipod.

Attaches to the front swivel stud. I like shooting off of it a lot and have found I am as accurate or more so with using it than off front/rear bags.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: tripod or bi pod recommendations please - 11/07/16 10:20 PM

Look at the Swagger Bipod, when I first looked at it at the San Antonio TTHA, I thought it was bulky and awkward looking. After using one in actual hunting situations, I love it.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: tripod or bi pod recommendations please - 11/07/16 10:33 PM

which ever one you decide on, practice>
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: tripod or bi pod recommendations please - 11/07/16 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
I went cheap and bought a Caldwell bipod.

Attaches to the front swivel stud. I like shooting off of it a lot and have found I am as accurate or more so with using it than off front/rear bags.

I went cheaper and made a bipod with 2 fiberglass electric fence posts.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: tripod or bi pod recommendations please - 11/07/16 10:46 PM

I just bought the Primos Trigger Tripod and its awesome. Very sturdy and easy to use. I like to find a good spot to sit and glass and this thing is perfect for that.

I used a bipod before. It works great off the bench but where I hunt the grass is so tall. If I'm not sitting or standing sometimes I cannot see over the grass.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: tripod or bi pod recommendations please - 11/08/16 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Kopfjager Industries is the only way to go up

This is your best for stand or stationary hunting.

Spot and stalk I would highly recommend the Bog Pod.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum