Texas Hunting Forum

Nasty deer blinds - mine

Posted By: 603Country

Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/06/16 05:07 PM

Hunted yesterday and noticed that the blind was a real mess. The wife, a clean freak, gave me some grief last time she saw it. So...after the morning hunt today, I broom swept all blinds and made sure all heaters were working. They look so nice now. I may hang some ferns and a velvet Elvis.

And while I was at it, I reset the clocks on all the feeders. Probably ran all the deer off, but maybe I can get me a coyote this afternoon.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/06/16 05:28 PM

I use a shop vac and a generator about twice a year...and police my Stand after every sit.
A Blind much like a Truck and your House, Yard, Etc. is a reflection of you. I have gotten into Stands on Hunts and seen Pee Jugs from the prior year and wrappers, cans and spit jugs. It to me is a sign of pure Laziness and self worth and complete disregard for self discipline.

To this day when my Son will come and visit, he will stop at the Local Gas Station prior to arrival and clean out the bed of his Truck because he knows at some point I will walk into the driveway and do a once over. Simply amazes me when someone uses the excuse of I don't have the time..Then manage your time wisely and have an Ounce of Discipline and Self Respect up
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/06/16 06:27 PM

Sniper, you may have OCBD - obsessive compulsive blind disorder.
Posted By: shea.mcphail

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/06/16 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
I use a shop vac and a generator about twice a year...and police my Stand after every sit.
A Blind much like a Truck and your House, Yard, Etc. is a reflection of you. I have gotten into Stands on Hunts and seen Pee Jugs from the prior year and wrappers, cans and spit jugs. It to me is a sign of pure Laziness and self worth and complete disregard for self discipline.

To this day when my Son will come and visit, he will stop at the Local Gas Station prior to arrival and clean out the bed of his Truck because he knows at some point I will walk into the driveway and do a once over. Simply amazes me when someone uses the excuse of I don't have the time..Then manage your time wisely and have an Ounce of Discipline and Self Respect up

I like this. Wish I was better at it myself.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/06/16 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: shea.mcphail

I like this. Wish I was better at it myself.

Very good, I do the same.

I am going to slap the next person upside the head that I see sitting on the couch punching away at an iPhone, and then tells me they do not have time for a simple tiding up, it only take minutes.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/06/16 11:24 PM

Such a harda$$. grin
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/07/16 07:50 PM

My brother used to eat sunflower seeds in the blind... just spit the hulls on the floor that bugged me, but I'm nowhere near as ocd/judgemental as the rab.

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/07/16 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
My brother used to eat sunflower seeds in the blind... just spit the hulls on the floor that bugged me, but I'm nowhere near as ocd/judgemental as the rab.

Not Judgmental...
If it's yours you can sling a Deuce in the middle of it, I could care less...It's your World I am just passing thru...
He asked and I said that's my opinion...I have a Pad Lock on mine for a reason.
Posted By: DPirates80

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/07/16 08:20 PM

lol...I hunted at my buddies lease in Louisiana a few years ago, and I hunted one of his friend's stand...lemme just say, this guy had dip spit bottles and piss bottles by the dozen just sitting all around on the floor in his stand. I crawled in there knocking some of them down to then finding out they were open. The smell of that piss and dip spit all in the carpet just screwed me all morning. That afternoon I told him I have to move spots. lol

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/08/16 01:14 AM

No Thank You...

I will sit in a Brushed in Blind on a Log.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/08/16 11:19 AM

Not Judgmental...
If it's yours you can sling a Deuce in the middle of it, I could care less...It's your World I am just passing thru...

Why yes I do sling a deuce flush in the middle of it....
Posted By: cowboybam58

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/08/16 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Not Judgmental...

Hahahahahaha. That's a great idea.
Posted By: Jkd106

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/09/16 05:10 PM

I admit my blinds are a little messy, not nasty bottles but dirty and need to be cleaned. Admitting first step right?
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/09/16 06:34 PM

You haven't lived till an owl gets in your blind. Pee and trash would be the least of your worries.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/09/16 07:03 PM

I just opened mine last weekend for the first time this year... eek2 took a bit but its tolerable now.. the amount of pee bottles was sick
Posted By: Jon B

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/13/16 02:37 PM

I am going to slap the next person upside the head that I see sitting on the couch punching away at an iPhone, and then tells me they do not have time for a simple tiding up, it only take minutes. [/quote]

I should let my wife read this! Lol
Posted By: Creedmoor

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/19/16 09:24 PM

LOL. This is me made over again. My wife says I'm neater and pickier than any woman she knows.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/19/16 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Creedmoor

LOL. This is me made over again. My wife says I'm neater and pickier than any woman she knows.
Ped? Is that you?
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/20/16 11:29 PM

Trash, pee and spit bottles, seed hulls and other debris, etc?

No.

Police up your $#/t when you leave. Easy. Your level of cleanliness is up to you. It's your stand.

However...

It's a freakin' deer stand, not a kitchen. I don't have the patience for mental inspections and meeting other's self imposed standards. If I have to worry about all that out of someone, chances are pretty great they won't be invited to hunt with me.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 11/29/16 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: cowboybam58
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Not Judgmental...

Hahahahahaha. That's a great idea.

I have a similar make shift toilet in my blind. I've had an emergency hit and siting on said make shift toilet while deer were eating corn at my feeder.

Retarding clean vs. messy/dirty blinds. I keep mine picked up and clean. I cannot stand for my blind to be junky.
Posted By: dreeves

Re: Nasty deer blinds - mine - 12/06/16 12:23 AM

I keep a whisk broom in mine.. Sweep it every other hunt or so. My boys think I'm a nazi about it.. I can't stand the blinds that have a pile of empty drink cans, green propoane bottles, wrappers, and such thrown outside around it...

BTW--- a new one for me... I had to crap in my backpack the other day. had to go bad and couldn't get out of the stand. I had one of those cheap 99c ponchos all folded up.. cut it up, lined my backpack with it and it served the purpose.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum