Texas Hunting Forum

The Timer - minor problem

Posted By: 603Country

The Timer - minor problem - 10/08/16 10:00 PM

For our big yard feeder, i bought a The Timer a couple of years ago. It's on a battery and solar cell, but every now and then, even fully charged, it'll quit feeding. I go push the reset and redo the times, and we're back in business.

Any of you guys had a similar problem?
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: The Timer - minor problem - 10/09/16 12:09 AM

Not yet. I own four of them. They have great warranty program.
Posted By: bholt

Re: The Timer - minor problem - 10/09/16 02:39 PM

This may foolish but have you changed the"AA's" lately in the timer? I had a similar problem with a HCR timer a few years ago. The 12 volt was fully charged but I forgot to change the AA's for a couple of years. If nothing else contact contact the company.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: The Timer - minor problem - 10/09/16 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: bholt
This may foolish but have you changed the"AA's" lately in the timer? I had a similar problem with a HCR timer a few years ago. The 12 volt was fully charged but I forgot to change the AA's for a couple of years. If nothing else contact contact the company.

This ^^^^^ then check the gap or spacing between spinner plate and funnel. Only takes a piece of corn to wedge in there to not allow it to feed.

Re: The Timer - minor problem - 10/09/16 05:28 PM

I did not check the AA battery. I will do that. Thanks.

Spinner plate is freewheeling well.

Re: The Timer - minor problem - 10/10/16 03:57 PM

I replaced the old AA batteries in The Timer. They needed it. Thanks bholt.
Posted By: bbqfan5909

Re: The Timer - minor problem - 10/10/16 08:31 PM

Called "The Timer guys and they are recalling timers built within the last 6 months due to timer reseting.
Posted By: bholt

Re: The Timer - minor problem - 10/10/16 10:12 PM

Glad I could be of help Country, change them yearly on a date you can remember. I change mine right before season.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: The Timer - minor problem - 11/29/16 02:55 PM

Only problem I had was the fuse going out. Other than that, nonissues
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum