Texas Hunting Forum

Setting out my Pop-Up blind for the season

Posted By: BudMan

Setting out my Pop-Up blind for the season - 08/23/16 10:32 PM

Today I spotted my little pop up at 50 yds from my feeder. I put down some landscape fabric for the floor as it's quiet to sit on and I had it laying around. As the the grass dies under it, I will stretch it out a little better. In the last shot you can see my feeder and the view I have from the blind. It's a PVC style feeder that's just visible under the arrow. North east is to the right so when a blue Norther blows in hopefully it will hide my scent.

I'll camo the blind with some brush when I get a little more time to mess with it. (This is all located on my ranch.)
Bud

Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Setting out my Pop-Up blind for the season - 08/23/16 10:53 PM

Are you not concerned with hogs or cows knocking it over? Looks good.

Re: Setting out my Pop-Up blind for the season - 08/23/16 11:25 PM

No cows on that part of the ranch and not many hogs around either. I have it staked to the ground pretty securely.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Setting out my Pop-Up blind for the season - 08/23/16 11:54 PM

I might have set it back in the trees a little further and trim the branches for a clear shooting lane. That's so the blind is not so visible.

Re: Setting out my Pop-Up blind for the season - 08/24/16 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Dalee7892
I might have set it back in the trees a little further and trim the branches for a clear shooting lane. That's so the blind is not so visible.

I considered that but those are some mock orange trees and that are covered with terrible 2"" thorns that shred me whenever I get close. bolt I'll throw up some camo shrubs and material after the leaves drop and hide it better at that time.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum