Texas Hunting Forum

Blind Insulation

Posted By: taylormade820

Blind Insulation - 07/22/16 08:28 PM

Has anyone had any luck with insulating their deer blinds? If so what have you used?
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Blind Insulation - 07/22/16 09:36 PM

Pink insulation board from Home Depot. Helps to cut down the noise as well.
Posted By: QuackerJacks

Re: Blind Insulation - 07/22/16 11:30 PM

Habitat for Humanity ReStore always has carpet squares out of old office spaces. Last wek I bought a pile of 3'x3' squares, enough to insulate two blinds for $45. Its short carpet and well padded. I tested them and a 9/16 staple will hang them on the wall. Should fit the bill.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Blind Insulation - 07/23/16 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: QuackerJacks
Habitat for Humanity ReStore always has carpet squares out of old office spaces. Last wek I bought a pile of 3'x3' squares, enough to insulate two blinds for $45. Its short carpet and well padded. I tested them and a 9/16 staple will hang them on the wall. Should fit the bill.

Had great luck with this as well up
Posted By: Bradgrace

Re: Blind Insulation - 07/23/16 04:54 PM

Closed cell spray foam insulation. Waterproof, no insect problems, no condensation, and your body heat will keep it pretty nice in there a heater will run you out of there. Any kind of insulation board bugs will get behind.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Blind Insulation - 07/23/16 06:08 PM

The insulation board glued to the walls and use a good caulking around the exposed edges will seal it off. Make sure exterior is sealed off at all areas also.
The carpet on walls also glue on and seal edges.
Posted By: taylormade820

Re: Blind Insulation - 07/23/16 09:56 PM

Thanks guys. I ended up going with the pink foam board insulation from home depot
Posted By: QuackerJacks

Re: Blind Insulation - 07/24/16 12:20 AM

post pics when its done
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Blind Insulation - 07/24/16 02:52 AM

We used carpet remnants from Habitat.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum