Texas Hunting Forum

Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder

Posted By: YanceyTX_Hunter

Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 06/14/16 01:11 PM

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Wildgame-Innovations-Quick-Set-Tripod-Feeder/1813023.uts#BVQAWidgetID

Have a chance to get a couple on CList for a pretty good deal, has anyone had any experience with this particular feeder good or bad?
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 06/18/16 01:06 AM

Very light weight, have an older one. Stake it down as when it gets empty the wind will blow it over and mine cracked when it hit the ground. The biggest problem I have is the deer in the back yard have learned to use their tongue to turn the spinner plate and they will empty it fairly quick.
That said the timer has worked flawlessly and the battery life is outstanding.
Posted By: JK1

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 06/19/16 02:25 AM

Wild game products are junk. They do not honor their warranty, customer service is as bad as Comcast!
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 06/19/16 12:53 PM

No such thing as a "deal" on anything wild game.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 06/20/16 04:55 PM

My $85 dollar WG camera is going strong on it's forth year. Lots of bad reviews, but some are just fine.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 06/20/16 05:14 PM

It is what it is: a cheap and inexpensive feeder. Legs are thin, hopper is plastic. For $80 it will get you going. However, don't expect it to last for years and years, or to have good after-sale support. You also run the risk of pigs an varmints wreaking havoc.

Personally, I prefer to buy quality and "cry once" with feeder purchases, but to each their own.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 06/20/16 05:28 PM

Keep in mind I've had critters chew through a plastic barrell feeder that I had behind my house. Walked out one day and had a pile of corn on the ground.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 06/20/16 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: titan2232
My $85 dollar WG camera is going strong on it's forth year. Lots of bad reviews, but some are just fine.

He's not asking about camera's whip I definitely wouldn't trust anything about their feeders and I doubt you would either. If you ever have to replace your miracle camera I doubt you buy a wildgame...

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 06/20/16 06:53 PM

WG products are a lot like Double Down feed. It just draws em in
Posted By: Erny

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 06/20/16 06:58 PM

I would spend a few extra bucks and get at least a moultee feeder. Everything WG makes is junk. I stopped buying their stuff years ago. Just my $0.02.
Posted By: Night Hunting TV

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 06/20/16 08:11 PM

The legs slide into the plastic. Over time it will fall apart. I am on the 6 year on mine. I can see where the barrel is flexing some where the legs are going in. I have the legs staked with tpost to keep the hogs from tearing it apart.

But I believe when it does fall apart I can just buy a barrel and screw the legs to the barrel and move the motor and solar panel over. So the expense shouldn't be to bad.

I wouldnt go as far as saying anything wildgame is junk. They arent top of the line by no means, but the motors I have, have been good to me.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 07/16/16 01:57 AM

Only got 2 years out of mine. Control unit is done.
Posted By: 30378

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 07/16/16 12:15 PM

If you have hogs they will turn it over in a heartbeat. You will need to stake the legs for sure.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 07/20/16 02:25 PM

It's a back yard feeder.

I would never depend on this cheap of equipment if I had to spend fuel money and my valuable time to travel to its destination.
Posted By: Woodrow1

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 07/30/16 02:38 AM

DO NOT BUY IT!!

Absolute price of [censored]!

I bought one to put at my dads house. It lasted about 3 weeks.

The timer stopped working.... It just kept completely resetting. Hogs bent the legs. Squirrels ate holes in it!

It's worthless! We have far to many squirrels and the timer is COMPLETE JUNK! I was hot!

This is what I did after this one failed me:

Bought a 55g drum with top for 20$ from a local place that sells used ones.
Bought a good timer for 60$.
Bought a boat winch for 15$.
Bought 2 pulleys.
Build a bar that held the barrel with a 3ft square steel tubing and chain. About 20$

Slightly higher price! WAY BETTER! Hang it up in a tree. No worries about hogs. No worries about squirrels eating through it. I've had nothing but good things to say about my feeder now.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 08/02/16 09:53 PM

You get what you pay for. As Marc said, don't waste your money or your time on it.
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Wildgame Innovations Quick-Set 225 Tripod Feeder - 08/02/16 10:21 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum