Texas Hunting Forum

Favorite tree stand for bow hunting?

Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Favorite tree stand for bow hunting? - 05/09/16 02:27 AM

I'm trying to decide what kind of tree stand to get for bow hunting this season. I have Big Game Celtic stand now, but it's really made for rifle hunting and there's not much of a platform to stand on. I'd like to hear about y'alls favorite tree stands.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Favorite tree stand for bow hunting? - 05/09/16 02:34 AM

Personally, I like the two man ladder stands for the bigger platform and the extra space on the bench gives me a good place for my "accessories". I can't find a link to the stand or the name, but the seat folds up.
Posted By: Eastxhuntr

Re: Favorite tree stand for bow hunting? - 05/11/16 01:40 PM

I also support the two man ladder stand. The extra space is just sooo convenient and comfortable.Am also going to try 20' climbing sticks to a hang on stand this year.
Posted By: ttechcolleyville

Re: Favorite tree stand for bow hunting? - 05/14/16 12:15 AM

I have both the 2 man and 1 man Millennium ladder stands. Extremely comfortable, stable and durable. They are pricey, but I can stay in them for a long, long time with no discomfort whatsoever.
Posted By: BrianMc

Re: Favorite tree stand for bow hunting? - 06/28/16 12:01 AM

I've been looking at the Millenium M150. I'd like a bigger platform and the seat seems pretty nice. I'm used to,just using the cheap Muddy lock on from Dicks... or ladder stands with a cushion. I'd like something more comfortable this year!
Posted By: millerliteliker

Re: Favorite tree stand for bow hunting? - 07/05/16 04:56 PM

Since you said "tree stand" I am going to assume that you are considering either hang on or climbing tree stands.

I think a great design is the Summit hang ons. They have the bracket / strap set up where you just strap the bracket on around the tree and then hang the stand in the bracket - extremely easy for a 53 year old man like me who gets hot quickly climbing up trees and trying to hang stands. If you get the aluminum version of the Summit hang ons it is even easier.

As always, invest in a good safety harness with a lineman's belt to use while hanging stands. It makes it much safer and ultimately much easier since the lineman's belt allows you to have both hands free to hang the stand.

Personally I hate ladder stands for bow hunting. I just don't feel concealed enough. I think a good hang on stand, up about 20' and in the second row of a line of trees for concealment, is the best way to hunt in the woods. It just seems to make it so much easier to draw back without getting busted.

Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum