Texas Hunting Forum

2 55 gallon barrell joiner attachment???

Posted By: mow

2 55 gallon barrell joiner attachment??? - 03/27/16 04:29 PM

what do yall think about this?..would this be stable in high winds?.. double barrell feeder
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: 2 55 gallon barrell joiner attachment??? - 03/27/16 05:12 PM

Not so much worries about wind, but would be worried about filling that. Looks tall.

There are double Barrel feeders with both barrels side by side where you could set one off in the am and one in the pm and have the same capacity but not the height.
Posted By: 30378

Re: 2 55 gallon barrell joiner attachment??? - 03/28/16 12:12 AM

I would be very careful to know the measurements of the barrel and the band. Not all 55 gallon barrels are created equally. Diameters vary.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: 2 55 gallon barrell joiner attachment??? - 03/28/16 12:33 AM

That is a leg kit for a barrel feeder not a joiner. It is a 4 legged design that will work on a single barrel feeder and double stacked barrel if you want to weld the two barrels together.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: 2 55 gallon barrell joiner attachment??? - 03/28/16 04:56 AM

Yep, that is used to put the legs at the middle of two welded barrels. Otherwise it would be too top heavy and hard to fill. Years ago I extended one of my barrels by one band. I hand cut one barrel along the top of the first hump below it's top to give me a flang. Then I cut the rim off the top of my feeder barrel. I heated up the flanged edge of the 1\3 barrel with a propane torch then with a 2x6 board piece on top and sledge hammer around the edges of the new opening drove it over the top of my feeder barrel by an inch or two. Then calked the junction under the flange with construction adhesive to seal it. Allows it to hold 1/3 more corn than the average barrel feeder. Rather simple to do provided the true barrel diameters of both barrels match up right. I would not want it to be any taller than it is now as that would be too tall for a standard step ladder.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum