Texas Hunting Forum

What Is Your Preferred Protein Feeder?

Posted By: STXHO

What Is Your Preferred Protein Feeder? - 03/11/16 02:00 AM

I prefer a lamco protein feeder and a 1,000lb all season free choice feeder per feeding station. I wanted to hear what you guys like to use.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: What Is Your Preferred Protein Feeder? - 03/11/16 02:33 AM

I prefer the old plate style American Hunter 2000# feeders. Maximum consumption in minimum time by all deer. Here I had 2-1000#s per location.

Managed a ranch that had their own version and it worked great with 2 feeders per location. Both of these style feeders you could adjust the height off of the ground on the feed plates.

Posted By: STXHO

Re: What Is Your Preferred Protein Feeder? - 03/11/16 05:25 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I prefer the old plate style American Hunter 2000# feeders. Maximum consumption in minimum time by all deer. Here I had 2-1000#s per location.

Managed a ranch that had their own version and it worked great with 2 feeders per location. Both of these style feeders you could adjust the height off of the ground on the feed plates.

I have seen those and I like the design. Is that concrete under the feeder? Great idea
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: What Is Your Preferred Protein Feeder? - 03/11/16 01:11 PM

Yes it was concrete. In areas that get a lot of rain and have softer soils, it kept the area under the feeder from being a mudhole.
Posted By: hammer63

Re: What Is Your Preferred Protein Feeder? - 04/02/16 03:25 AM

I use a timed free choice protein feeder. I adjust the length of free choice feeding according to natural browse availability and my budget. Everyone on our ranch pays for their own feed (we don't sell hunts or deer) so we each manage our feeding according to our budgets and goals.

www.thehammerfeeder.com
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: What Is Your Preferred Protein Feeder? - 04/08/16 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Yes it was concrete. In areas that get a lot of rain and have softer soils, it kept the area under the feeder from being a mudhole.

Had to get that out of the way you knew it was coming rofl

I need to do this so I will not have to drag around every 6-8 weeks and stop the ponding up
Posted By: Mathp

Re: What Is Your Preferred Protein Feeder? - 04/11/16 04:04 PM

How much are the Hammer Feeder Tubes 4 way? with the timer piece of course?
Posted By: hammer63

Re: What Is Your Preferred Protein Feeder? - 04/13/16 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Mathp
How much are the Hammer Feeder Tubes 4 way? with the timer piece of course?

PM sent
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum