Texas Hunting Forum

blind windows

Posted By: mow

blind windows - 02/22/16 02:45 PM

I am building a deer blind and would like some feedback..i am having problems finding plexiglass..one sheet of 36x6o is almost 70$ and really don't want to spend that much..i used to work for a helicopter company and was there parts runner..I remember a place in the dfw area that sold "off" pieces of clear plastic..i could go with regular sliding windows..any ideas? so far because of spare lumber friends have "donated" I have kept the cost under 50$ might have to just bite the bullet and lay out the cash..the blind is 8x6x5..i can frame in any size windows I can afford for the front and sides..no windows in the back of blind where door will be located..sorry for the long post..thanks guys! moderators if this is the wrong place to post please move
Posted By: rabbit_jack

Re: blind windows - 02/22/16 02:55 PM

PM sent
Posted By: LRG

Re: blind windows - 02/22/16 08:11 PM

Same here. After patching together 5 blinds following last years tornado, I need to get windows up on 4 of them. Hoping to see some creative solutions for these materials that keep me from spending $400 on windows.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: blind windows - 02/22/16 08:47 PM

There are 5-7 retailers in the dfw area. I just googled it. They will cut to your size. I always used a continuous hinge with bolts, nuts and washers for the connections. Then a piece of rain drip to keep water off from rusting on top. The window is hinged to swing up, use pipe insulation around the sides and bottom to seal off.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: blind windows - 02/23/16 12:56 AM

I have gotten several for myself and others at Allied Plastics in Dallas. They're fair with the prices, and will cut to order while you wait.
Posted By: mow

Re: blind windows - 03/12/16 06:57 AM

i just built folding wood windows that fold upward inside blind..trying to keep cost down..
Posted By: mooney_ag

Re: blind windows - 03/16/16 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Dalee7892
There are 5-7 retailers in the dfw area. I just googled it. They will cut to your size.

any of them closer to the fort worth side of dfw?
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: blind windows - 03/16/16 05:32 PM

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5008027/1

Great guy to deal with.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: blind windows - 03/16/16 05:33 PM

These look good,function good and are fairly easy to make.
Posted By: QuackerJacks

Re: blind windows - 03/31/16 12:12 AM

Made these for my 4x4 box blind last weekend. Windows are 10"x38".Used an acrylic sheet from Home Depot that cost $36. It cut pretty well. 2x2 wood frame with Titebond III wood glue and plastic screen window clips that way I can change out the windows when they get bad or add tint if I feel like it. They still have the protective plastic on them. I think they turned out pretty well.

Total cost for all 3 was about $60.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum