Texas Hunting Forum

Cottonseed Feeder Advice

Posted By: buck_hunter

Cottonseed Feeder Advice - 01/31/16 10:00 PM

For all the hunters that feed cottonseed, what type of fencing do you use for the cottonseed? I will be heading out to the lease in Ozona in a few weeks and have about 600lbs of cottonseed that I want to put out. It will be in a feed pen that I currently have up for my corn feeder due to the rancher having cows on the ranch. If anyone can provide pics of their cottonseed feeders and what type of fencing you use that would be great. Thanks a lot...
Posted By: tlk

Re: Cottonseed Feeder Advice - 02/01/16 11:33 AM

we use a round circle of heavy gauge panel/wire - stake it with T post inside the pen. simple and works

Re: Cottonseed Feeder Advice - 02/01/16 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: tlk
we use a round circle of heavy gauge panel/wire - stake it with T post inside the pen. simple and works

Thanks a lot for reply tlk. Good looking bucks and nice setup. Is that the V-Mesh wire for the fencing?
Posted By: tlk

Re: Cottonseed Feeder Advice - 02/02/16 11:36 AM

yes sir

Re: Cottonseed Feeder Advice - 03/07/16 01:54 AM

Went out to the lease this weekend and got my feeders topped off and also setup a cottonseed feeder. Over night I had about 55pics. Deer were already starting to hit it. Also most of the bucks I saw still had their head gear. Should start dropping any day now.
Posted By: Sherpa Dog

Re: Cottonseed Feeder Advice - 03/07/16 02:53 AM

up
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Cottonseed Feeder Advice - 03/10/16 07:47 PM

up what wire did you use?

Re: Cottonseed Feeder Advice - 03/11/16 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: STXHO

We used the V-Mesh fencing. The picture below is not my pic, but gives you a view of the fencing used.
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Cottonseed Feeder Advice - 03/17/16 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: buck_hunter
Originally Posted By: STXHO

We used the V-Mesh fencing. The picture below is not my pic, but gives you a view of the fencing used.

That is the same setup I use minus the plastic top.
Posted By: TxRedhawk

Re: Cottonseed Feeder Advice - 03/31/16 10:36 AM

Where did you find cottonseed and about how much did it cost?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum