Texas Hunting Forum

analog timers

Posted By: magspa

analog timers - 12/21/15 01:15 PM

Got on a new lease this year. They have a lot of On-time feeders with the analog mechanical style timer. Last week a noticed a few werent working, so yesterday before my evening hunt i replaced some batteries. They take 10 AA in a battery pack plus 1 more AA. After replacing the batteries, nothing. The clock not clicking or turning. Is there some trick to reset these?
Posted By: cm250

Re: analog timers - 12/27/15 01:15 AM

Check the connector to the battery pack. Looks like a 9 volt battery plug. Also could be the actual plug/connector on the battery pack. Have seen some that have had batteries left in them, causing corrosion and bad connection. Even saw one that had a terminal that was corroded enough that it fell off battery pack. But this dosnt explain clock not working. Best thing might be to send them back to ON-Time and let them check them, they do have a lifetime warranty which they stand behind. All you have to pay is shipping. Have five myself, four that are 12-14 years old, would have no other brand.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: analog timers - 12/27/15 01:32 AM

The clock is easy to replace and is cheap. Just order a couple (Stevens Tractor sells the stuff) so you can fix your timer and send the dead one back to On-Time. They'll send you a new one. While you are at it, order a couple of the little trigger units too. It's good to have spares.

Those OnTime lifetime units are great. I had 3 of them for years. At least 10 years. Ugly and mud covered and worn looking, but on and on they go. I just replaced them with Stand and Fill feeders and gave the OnTime equipped feeders to a friend.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum